Wednesday 22 October 2008

Pies

I love Lemon Meringue Pie. It's possibly my favourite dessert but you don't often find it on restaurant menus. I would choose it over anything chocolatey and anyone who knows me will know how much I love chocolate. In the Sunday supplement of the newspaper this week, there was a recipe for LMP and it sounded lovely so I decided to spend some time this afternoon trying out this new version.



I've tried bits of it at every stage and have left a lemony, sticky mess as evidence around the cooker. For me the ultimate LMP will have a sharp but not bitter lemony custardy bottom and the meringue has to be crisp on top and gooey inside. Can't be soft all through or chewy in the middle - not that I'm fussy or anything! I'm not convinced this one will be nicer (or maybe even as nice) as my tried and tested, family recipe but as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

No comments: