Wednesday 15 July 2009

The bracelet


After I had done the page showing Jon at age 4, I knew exactly which photo I wanted to use for a page showing Rachel at the same age. This shows Rachel on Christmas Day, showing off her new silver bracelet. There was a little girl at playschool who wore a silver charm bracelet and Rachel drove me mad, constantly telling me how beautiful this bracelet was and how much she wanted one. Never mind that the little girl was Chinese and the bracelet obviously came from somewhere far away - this is what Rachel wanted for Christmas.
Father Christmas did his best to find as close a match as possible and Rachel was thrilled with it (as you can see!) Rachel has had several bracelets over the years since, and we have quite a few photos which recreate this pose - it is so Rachel!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your recent stuff, especially the acrylic page!
The PostSecret book is exactly what the challenge was based on - well spotted ;)