Wednesday 20 April 2011

Silly Moo

I live in a town of contrasts.  We have ancient buildings and historical landmarks.  We also have a modern shopping centre.  We are on the cusp of two counties and we have a major London airport within 12 miles.  I live on a relatively modern housing estate, yet if walk 5 minutes from my house I am in the middle of the countryside.  If I drive 2 miles in one direction I reach a busy motorway, if I drive 2 miles in the opposite direction I am heading off down quiet, leafy country lanes where only one lane of traffic can go a time and you have to keep an eye out for passing places in case you meet a car coming in the opposite direction.
Today the sun was shining and I headed off into the countryside to go to lay some Easter flowers on my parents' graves.  As I drove down the lanes, I passed a house that always makes me smile.  Well it's not the house, it's the garden ornament:


This concrete cow is always dressed up appropriate for the time of year or public holiday, it's a real landmaark around here so I thought I would share. 

Hey there, Daisy May, are you ready for your close up?

13 comments:

mjmaterazo said...

love stuff like that. it brings that unexpected smile to our lives. tfs! maryjo

humel said...

I saw the title of your post and thought you must be talking to me....!

Even if you weren't, I do love this very seasonal cow, thanks for sharing :-)

Jane said...

this did make me smile!

Sian said...

I think that would make me smile every time I went past. A bit like the Royal Wedding garden gnomes I saw today :)

Rachel Wohrlin said...

What a fun blog post! Your town sounds lovely, and your description was well written.

And Daisy May is so adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

love the Silly Moo!

Anonymous said...

I too just love that Daisy May.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Too funny! There's a "horse" on a farm on the way into town which gets painted differently for each season/holiday.
Rinda

WendyB said...

Love the new tab Deb and the recipe sounds delish. Is Daisy one of those cows that could be seen from a west coast line once upon a time? Or maybe they're still there and maybe Daisy moved

alexa said...

Oh my! isn't she wonderful? I used to see concrete cows in a field from the train near Milton Keynes. Imagine having one in your garden! Great post.

Lynn said...

Just love it - do you think she will put on a special hat on royal wedding day!!

Cheri said...

too funny! Daisy May could become another regular visitor on your blog, so we can all enjoy her latest get-up!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Now I wonder...is she a stry from the Milton Keynes herd?!!