Monday 19 March 2018

A plausible excuse

You know how it is when the universe tries to tell you something?  You don't always see the signs but the clues are definitely there.  This can also be known as 'trying to justify buying new clothes'.

Last week we had one of those charity bags put through our door, collecting clothes for the NSPCC charity.  This was fantastic timing as I am planning to go through my wardrobe and get rid of those clothes I only ever wear for work.  But you know how it is when you weed things out of your wardrobe and the wardrobe suddenly looks a bit empty and there are hangers hanging around with nothing on them?  They look so sad.  They clearly need something new to wear (and so do I).  

I first noticed a fab, bright, cheerful colour combination on Jodie's blog.  I have a lovely pair of crop trousers in a fun, bright tone of green and loved how she had styled the same colour in a cardigan with pink.  Clearly my crops were never going to look as good combined with a boring neutral shade, they needed something to cheer them up.

So the universe sent me another clue.  A 15% voucher to be used in White Stuff.  I do like their clothing but usually only shop there when there is a sale or a money off offer.  You see where this is going don't you?  

Jodie had also done another blog post on footwear, which got me thinking about what I would be taking for our forthcoming trip to Bologna.  We're going with another couple and my friend is quite fashion conscious and I realised that my trusty Sketcher trainers possibly weren't going to be up to any photo opportunities.  

A quick trip into town this morning has resolved both issues


I love the coral pink of the top, I can see me getting a lot of use out of it and the trainers are so different to any other footwear I have.  In fact my daughter popped round unexpectedly when I was trying them on and her opening greeting was 'Mum, I love those shoes!' so they are definitely keepers - plus they have an inch platform spongy sole so I am taller when I wear them!

Has the universe spoken to you recently?  Keep listening!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Fun post! The colour of your new top is lovely and the shoes look very funky! Enjoy wearing them!

Patio Postcards said...

Those trainers (runners) look very sparkly & being that you are still in big birthday celebration, I think there should be a bit more shopping ... I took a quick peek at some of the spring fashions arriving in the stores - thankfully pink seems to be one of the colours!

Maggie said...

I like the coral colour and those trainers look both stylish and comfortable for all that walking. I would think retirement sounds a good excuse for a whole new wardrobe.

Barbara Eads said...

Whew! At first, I thought your blog title and picture was going to have something to do with exercising---more specifically---walking! Then, as I began reading, I LOVED that it was about fashion. But, since you asked about signs of the universe trying to tell me something, I think I need to dust off my shoes and get back to walking. I'm such a procrastinator! Thanks for the nudge. Maybe I'll get started next week!

Leslie Roberts Clingan said...

I totally believe in signs! Good for you to read the signs and to act on them. Those shoes are adorable and such fun. And what a beautiful color on that top. I shy away from brights but they really are more flattering on me than the earth tones I migrate toward. Can't wait to see you styling both.