Sunday 20 May 2018

Celebrations

I bet I wasn't the only one who spent their Saturday evening in glorious sunshine wearing a Queen Elizabeth II face mask.



It was lovely to watch two people who are obviously so much in love with one another make their vows in such a magnificent venue.  Windsor looked spectacular and the atmosphere there was overwhelmingly happy.  The mix of traditional with modern, British with American was so well done.  Whatever your opinion of the Royal Family, I think that it really was a fabulous day - and a great excuse to open a bottle of bubbly and celebrate!

It really does make me wish that I could lip read when I watch an occasion like that on the tv, I know some media have tried to guess what Harry was saying to Meghan at the altar and my money's on 'You look amazing'.  I think, and hope, that this marriage will be one which breathes new life into the monarchy; you've chosen well Harry.  

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I agree! It was a wonderful day! We hosted a small Royal Wedding Brunch and then I forgot to take more than just one photo! Hooray for love!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

So enjoying the posts I am reading with thoughts on the royal wedding. I haven't watched yet but my 91 year-old mum called first thing to give me a play by play from her point of view. She adored everything. Was able to tell me what color everyone had on. And who was invited. I have the whole thing recorded but have to wait til my own Prince Charming goes to work to watch.

I hope and pray that both William and Harry are in marriages built on love. Something that eluded their beautiful mother.

Patio Postcards said...

Your photo gave me a good chuckle for the morning. I like weddings, any reason to get dressed up & wear a hat or fascinator ... I thought Kitty Spencer looked absolutely marvelous in her green, such a pretty young lady.

Patio Postcards said...

Hi Deb: just wanted to be sure that you saw the SPSH list on my blog. :)