Sunday 30 August 2020

Ta Dah in August

 August seemed to involve a lot of childminding - and a lot of hot weather - followed by a lot of rain, so it's not unexpected that there aren't too many things to go 'ta dah' about!

πŸ“—πŸ“˜πŸ“™πŸ“šπŸ“•

I did read three books though.  My friend who is an author is often gifted pre-release books from publishers and she gives me a couple whenever we meet up.  So I read A Song for Tomorrow by Alice Peterson and One Minute Later by Susan Lewis.  By a strange coincidence both dealt with the issue of organ donation.  I will not give away any spoilers, but let's just say it makes you realise how important is is for us to be on the organ donation register.   Did you know that by being on the register, you could either save or enhance up to nine other people's lives?   Both books emotional reads, and both based on true stories. The other book that I read was The Viper by Christobel Kent.  The final in a series of books about an Italian detective, Sandro Cellini, based in Florence.  I've really enjoyed these books and sad that this was the final one.

😷😷😷

I made three more face masks, two shaped ones and another pleated one


The verdict is out as to which is the most comfortable style but at least I have a variety to choose from now!

πŸ˜‹πŸ•πŸ²

We 'Ate Out to Help Out' with my sister and brother in law whose local pub was taking part in the government scheme to take 50% off food on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  It was nice to think that Boris was buying half my lunch!  

♼♼♼

Now this next one may seem insignificant but I cannot tell you how good it feels to have the job done and dusted - I have cleared our shredding pile.  Which has been no mean feat I can tell you.  Eight years of bank statements, mortgage statements, credit card bills, insurance renewals ... I hadn't realised it had reached an eight year milestone.  But I have quite literally just shredded the last piece of paper and boy does that feel good!

And guess what?  I am still doing my daily Duolingo lesson in Spanish! QuΓ© sorpresa
eh? {what a surprise (I think!)} however ... they've started introducing verb endings now and things aren't quite as straightforward as they used to be!  How much longer will this be on my 'ta dah' list?  


5 comments:

Maggie said...

It was good of a Boris to “take you out for a meal” ! I can see that I am going to have to get a few more face masks to allow for in the wash and mislaid! Do you make a pocket in yours for a filter?

Patio Postcards said...

August was indeed a good month for you. I know only too well the pain of massive shredding tasks - I vow to keep on top of it now.

In our family we have been on both sides of the organ donor plans - it certainly is an important & emotional issue.

Cheers to September.

Barbara Eads said...

I'm impressed about that shredding. My mother was an avid shredder. I am not. When she passed, I felt like I needed to shred her files---because that's what she would have wanted me to do. I've inherited her shredder, but really don't use it at all. About once a year, we just burn a few financial statements. The rest goes in the compactor with all the other garbage. I doubt anyone would ever want to go through that to try to get ahold of some information. At least I hope not!!

alexa said...

Great work on all that shredding - I'm waiting for the autumn and our stove, and then I'll have a good clear-out! Being with little ones is a delight but can be very tiring, can't it ... I like your masks. I've gone for a pleated one, but am thinking that I ought to make some more with a pocket for an additional layer/filter. Ate the shaped ones more comfortable?

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Felicidades con su espaΓ±ol! Muy bueno.

My brother has stacks and stacks of receipts and bank statements everywhere you look. I was thinking maybe we should gift him a shredder. We have opted for online statements and bills so don't have as much as we might have otherwise.

What a great way to inspire folks to go out to eat and drink...picking up half the tab!! We ate out tonight but I still get a little nervous about it.