Monday 22 April 2024

Me on Monday 22 April

 What a lazy week I had last week! Having Daisy here meant we took it in turns to go out so we didn’t leave the two rascals home alone together. She takes her house protection duties very seriously and would bark at every noise she heard which would have annoyed Coco.


So I have to say that I shall be making up for it this week 😊

Although first thing on the calendar is a dentist appointment which regular readers will know is very low down on my list of how I like to spend my time! Fortunately I have a lunch date with my friend who is an author once that ordeal is over. Tuesday is haircut day and picking up my new prescription sunglasses. Hopefully that won’t jinx the weather and I will be able to get a lot of use out of them 😎

I have been able to crack on with my crochet which had taken a bit of a back seat and I have regained my enthusiasm for getting it done.  

We’ve been watching the Netflix version of Ripley.  Have you seen it? I was a bit hesitant as the book is one of my favourites and I also really enjoyed the Jude Law film version. This one is definitely different and the fact it is filmed entirely in black and white definitely increases the sense of menace. But I’m not sure I liked it as much as the original. Whilst I like Andrew Scott as an actor, he did not really feel right as a young American in his mid twenties and I really didn’t like the casting of Eliot Sumner as Freddy, maybe being the non-binary child of Sting helped secure the part! There was just no comparison to how the character was played by Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Have a good week!

5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Let's hope the dentist appointment is quick, easy & simple, so on to the fun part of the day, lunch with a friend. Let's hope Coco doesn't hold a grudge too long into the week (col).

Ruth said...

Do hope the dental appointment is both quick and painless! I haven't watched Ripley yet - I'm also hesitant after enjoying the Jude Law version. Also, I agree that Andrew Scott is possibly too old to be playing someone in the 20s.

Jennifer said...

Have fun with your busy week. And here's to getting lots of use with the new sunnies!! Good idea getting the dentist done and out of the way....now enjoy the rest of the week!! I'm sure Coco will be as well:)

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

It's funny that you don't leave Coco and Daisy alone together. I often wonder what our disagreeable kitties do all day when we aren't here to referee. I bought some special pheromone oil that goes into a little plug-in air freshener and it is supposed to ease the tensions between the 2 kitties. I think it might be helping. We just need one in every room!!

Oh I hate going to the dentist, too. My oldest daughter goes to a dentist who gives her gas to relax. I think that would help me, too. Hope your appointment goes smoothly and without any surprises.

Are you lunching with Dani? I have lost track of her books but sure enjoyed the one we read in the book club. Need to look to see what else she has written. Hope you girls have the best time catching up.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Love the prescription sunglasses. Am waiting for my new pair. Haven't seen Ripley yet. I have a dental appointment today -a check up of the root canal, six months further on.....