Monday 14 September 2009

getting back into the routine

I must be honest and say it is taking me a while to get used to being back at work. Thank goodness we have an inset day next Friday :-) I've taken on four extra hours this year but let's be honest, I'm still only up to 24 hours which is hardly full time! The first couple of weeks after the summer hols in a school office are so busy as we play catch up with the weeks we have missed and with all the emphasis on league tables now, there's much number crunching to be done after the exam results.
Which is a long winded excuse as to why I haven't done ANY of Shimelle's LSNED course! I fully intend to but this year it has coincided with back to work and also getting ready to send my son back to uni. So today instead of scrapping I have been cooking up a storm (eat your heart out Nigella) to make nutritious freezable meals for him to take back so that there is no excuse for him living on Pot Noodles for the whole term.
I did have fun at a scrap booking day yesterday at Welwyn but haven't even got round to photographing the pages and getting them on here yet. Perhaps a little job for tomorrow?
Out tonight to help a friend celebrate her 50th birthday at a lovely Indian restaurant in town. Sure beats going to my Rosemary Conley class which is where I normally spend Monday evenings!

No comments: