- If something computery goes wrong, it isn't necessarily caused by me breaking it. It's reassuring if two IT helpdesks and the network manager can't make it work either.
- After 6 weeks holiday, every teacher assumes that their work is the most urgent on the secretaries' lists
- Each work minute lasts about 10 normal minutes
- There is no emergency chocolate left in the office cupboard - aaaahhhhh!!!!
- Someone ate the last biscuit
- There is nothing more heartbreaking than a little Year 7 new girl standing at the reception desk with tears in her eyes, bottom lip wobbling and a shaky voice saying she's lost and can't find her friends
- It is very frustrating for the same Year 11 girl being sent down to the office to be reported for uniform infringements 4 times in one day. When will they learn that nail varnish isn't allowed, nor is makeup, knee length does not mean rolling the waistband of your skirt over and over half a dozen times until you show your undies when you walk and a bright pink scarf is not part of our brown uniform.
- Year 10 girls believe that sighing loudly and tapping their fingernails on the reception desk will get the attention of one of the 5 secretaries trying desperately hard to catch up on start of term work.
Back to school. Don't you just love it?