Monday 21 March 2011

Greetings from the igloo

Actually, I think an igloo may be warmer than my house at the moment, but the good news is that there are two men in my house with copper piping, saws, and most importantly A NEW BOILER!  It won't all be done today, but tomorrow should see us back in the land of central heating.  But I am the kind of person who tries to make a positive out of a negative so ... not being able to go into work and not being able to do housework as every room I go in, the plumber needs to be doing something in, means a perfect opportunity to get a layout done.  And that coincides nicely with the first day of Shimelle's re-run of Blogging for Scrapbookers which I intend to follow again as I enjoyed it so much last time, not to mention the lovely people I met first time around (see earlier post for more info!)
I took this photo at February's Eclectic Keepsakes' crop.  It shows my friends Denise and Jane.  These two always come up with humorous or appropriate titles on their pages and when I seem to be struggling to come up with something new and not quite so predictable, they just get on with peeling off alphabet stickers and producing something lovely.  Well ladies, I am about to reveal the explanation for this ... they both have a book of word combinations, quotes and comments for just about every situation you may wish to make a layout on.  I discovered this while bemoaning to Denise that I just couldn't think of a good title for my page and she had just come up with something perfect {so perfect I couldn't 'borrow' it without it being obviously copied}. While she sheepishly said that she had a dictionary type book of quotes, I noticed Jane riffling through her bag and lo and behold - she produced exactly the same book!  It had to become a layout didn't it?

13 comments:

Denise said...

Damn I've been rumbled, I only use it when I really really can't think of a title - honest :-)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Yea for heat! I'm doing Shim's class again, too.
Rinda

Melissa said...

What a great layout and a fun story about titles! Nice photo for today's prompt in the Blogging for Scrapbookers class.

Heather said...

haha! At least they had the decency to own up :)
Liking the look of your blog Deb :)

scrappyjacky said...

Well I definately need that book....I think they should share the title!!!
Glad to hear you're about to be warm again.

Ruth said...

I love the look of your LO ~ gorgeous.

Cheri said...

glad you are finally going to have warmth again - and that the time spent waiting is going to good use! Great layout Deb!

Amy said...

Ok, so now you have my secret as to why I scrap and blog as often as I do ... builders all over the place! Sometimes it is best to just keep out of the way! :-)

Sian said...

Aha! So now we know!

I hope by now those new pipes are doing their job..

Karen said...

I NEED that book and I need it now! Lovely page as always Deb xxx

Scrappi Sandi said...

So glad you're almost out of the igloo! What a fantastic LO & sucha great story to document!! I'd love to know the name of that book!!

humel said...

Oh, very clever! Hoping you're feeling much warmer now xx

Rachel Brett said...

Fab idea! I think we all need to know the title of this book ;)