Wednesday 23 March 2011

Raindrops on roses ....

... whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens ....  Sorry Julie Andrews but none of these are my favourite things!  So today's prompt from Shimelle suggested doing a list of 'things' and so on a whim, I shall share a few of the things that make me smile: {all photos except the last courtesy of Google images}
Chocolate!
Especially chocolate from Hotel Chocolat .  It's expensive but sooooooo worth the money.  This is real special occasion chocolate and I cannot walk past their shops without visiting as they are usually handing out samples of their latest ranges ... yum!

So sit me down on a sofa with a box of gorgeous chocolates, turn on the tv and let me watch Grey's Anatomy.  One of my all time favourite series,  I love, love, love it!
We all need a little sunshine in our lives and gerberas are just the most sunshiney flowers going, their lovely bright colours guarantee to put a smile on your face.
but if you want to feel real sunshine on your face, hop on a plane to Faro, drive 45 mins down the motorway to Praia da Luz  in the Algarve, Portugal.  Such a lovely place, and I am so lucky because my sister has a holiday home there so we usually manage to get over there every year. 

It may seem odd to have Facebook under my favourites but is such a good way to keep tabs on keep in contact with my son while he's at uni.  He's one of those who updates his status on a regular basis so I love it when I log on in the morning and see what he's changed it to that day.  I can also almost guarantee a reply to a message on Facebook whereas text messages often get forgotten!
So 'when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad - I simply remember my favourite things, and then I don't feel so bad'!

15 comments:

Sian said...

Thinking of that sunshine in Portugal has now put a smile on my face too :)

scrappyjacky said...

And the chocolate's put one on mine!!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Great favorites! I'm also in Shimelle's class. xoxo

Maria Ontiveros said...

I also love Grey's Anatomy. Do you follow the Grey Matter blog? It's written by the writers of the show, and I love it.
Rinda
(who loves salted caramel chocolates best of all)

Cheri said...

mmmmmmmmm...chocolate (but only if it is the dark variety!). Great post Deb! I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. Mostly I hate it. But a quick FB chat with Sarah while she is on your side of the pond really makes my day.

alexa said...

Hotel Chocolat --- mmmm! That's made me feel sunshiney already!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post Deb and I would go for chocolate as being one of my favorite things too.

Unknown said...

I can see I've got an awful lot of blog-reading to catch up on. Love the haircut by the way :)

humel said...

Brown paper packages - they're one of my favourite things!

(And I'm eating chocolate as I type, which I guess gives away another....)

Beverly said...

ohhhh, I love your favorite things but would have to switch Saint John for Portugal although as long as it is sunny and coastal I'm sure I'd love your spot too

Amy said...

Uh-huh, I could deal with some sun in Portugal too! :-)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) Oh, Deb, your posts always make me smile. The favorite things sung by Julie Andrews aren't particularly my favorite things either. Hahaha...

I would put chocolate at the top of my list as well, and I hate to admit but I do love me some Facebook too. xo

Scrappi Sandi said...

Ditto your list I'd say...although I do prefer Margeurites to gerbera's, but they're both daisy like, so close!!!

BTW Thanks for the loan of the 'I think I love you' paperback, which Sian posted on to me & arrived yesterday!! i cannot wait to read it & then you must let me know who would like it next!!

sharyncarlson said...

Oh I do love Grey's Anatomy too!!

Rachel Brett said...

Mmmmmmm, the chocolate looks very yummy :)