Wednesday 11 September 2013

Ibiza in a book

So I have kept my good intentions and finished (almost) the mini book project that Karen taught at the crop on Saturday.  The eagle eyed will notice the lack of Paul Hollywood - although I do still have another Paul in there on some pages

Look - I have a cover.  You can tell it's mine because the layout of the words is different to Karen's.  She kindly calls it 'freestyling' - I call it making a mistake and only realising once the glue has dried.
Inside cover and page one.  You can see that instead of the glamorous Gracia and the celebrity, mine has me and my husband.  And the other side is a photo of the hotel taken from the beach.  Such a pretty location.
Ibiza has a bit of a reputation for being a bit of a hippy hang out still and there are lots of 'Flower Power' themed places and posters about (It's also got a reputation for being clubbing capital of Europe - trust me, we were far, far away from that side of the island!)I digress, the local beer comes in the prettiest bottles, you can just see it in the photo, the glass is coated in a white covering with floral design all over it.  The other photo is sunrise over the bay (we got up early on our last day to catch it).
A photo of 'my' Paul looking over the balcony by reception, just before we headed down to the jetty to catch the water taxi/ferry that you see on the other side of the book.  The lighthouse is on the approach to Ibiza Town harbour.
I grabbed a photo of Paul taking a photo of an interesting bench in Ibiza Town.  It had a sculpture of a famous local priest and historian fixed onto it.  Other side is a self timer shot taken on our hotel balcony!
Back to Ibiza Town and a picture of me and Mick Jagger advertising Pacha nightclub (note the Flower Power symbols in the background!)  We had lunch in a little square at a place called Cafe Tomato and the food was fabulous.  I picked up one of their cards and you can see it sticking out of the pocket behind the photo.  The observant amongst you will see a pretty little circular red, white and gold embellishment.  That was one of the little crafty bits that Deb Turtle kindly shared from her Mum's collection. 
As I photographed this I realised that I have one more photo to add on the left hand page.  The last photo is taken from the walkway between the hotel and the beach, where we often saw baby geckos scampering around in the grasses.  To the right of the photo was the hotel a la carte restaurant where I had the most delicious freshly caught tuna cooked in a yogurt sauces.  Yummy!
So that's it.  My book is very nearly complete.  Project finished and Ibiza recorded nicely!
Now, back to my quilting ...





 
 


8 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

It's such a fun little book, Deb! And I love that you included the photo of you and Mick Jagger - at least you got one celebrity in the mix!

scrappyjacky said...

Love how you've put it together,Deb.

Robyn said...

Love this!!!

Sian said...

It's beautiful! Very satisfying to have it finished up so quickly too.

Abi said...

Such a sweet little book Deb. I love seeing your take on Ibiza. Being a student I have heard more stories from the other side of the country!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Your book is looking very lovely now that it is filled. Thanks for sharing it x

Amy said...

I was thinking along the same lines as Sian - getting it done quickly, and looking so fabulous is a great feeling!

alexa said...

What a beautiful little book! I am thinking how wonderful to have your holiday recorded so swiftly - and you are inspiring me to put on my thinking cap for our own holiday to come ...