Monday 1 May 2017

Memos, mail and me

There's definitely no excuse for not joining in with Sian's 'Memos Mail and Me' club this week.  In fact, a certain husband of mine stood at the front door with a pile of packages all addressed to me on Saturday and said the immortal words:

Have you been browsing eBay again?

Ahem.

Maybe ...


Because a wedding is rapidly approaching and when you're trying to do as much as you can yourself, 'things' have to be bought.  Lots of things.  And things that need to be crafted together in some way mean you need more than one thing in order to make the final thing.  I've lost you haven't I?

So, in order to answer his question, I have to admit that maybe it was a little bit more than just browsing ...

May I share Exhibit A.  Organza bags - will eventually hold wedding favours.  And have little tags attached to them with the bride and groom's names printed on them.  
Exhibit B - candy striped sweet bags.  To go on the sweet trolley.  See those empty jars behind them?  They won't be empty forever.  Just wait until my husband discovers large boxes of sweets being delivered to him due to the fact that I accidentally ordered them from his Amazon account and not mine.  Oops!
Exhibit C - Confetti.   To go in the confetti cones that Denise is very kindly making for me.
Exhibit D - can you guess what these are?  That sounds a bit like a competition in a magazine doesn't it?  Little silver table number holders.

And so we take a step closer to the big day.  I now have a complete outfit, hat and all.  Flowers are ordered, suits have been bought, photographer booked.  I'm just wondering how foolish it was of me to offer to make the cake ...

7 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Oh what fun packages delivered ... baking the actual wedding cake is one of those WOW challenges, I bet you will do a lovely job, can't wait to see the photo of that! I don't think I have ever shopped eBay - we had such bad, horrible experience with Amazon that it has us shying away. Happy week ahead.

helena said...

loving those metal hearts and bags with their names attached is so sweet - lots of fun putting together to come. have a great week

Sandie said...

How exciting! This time last year I had a wedding commission and had huge fun designing and making all the table decorations and welcome stand. I hope the wedding goes well, enjoy the rest of your making!

Sian said...

Are you really making the cake? The happy couple are very lucky indeed to have your wonderful creative mind on the job. I can't help laughing at the thought of all the sweets being delivered...maybe there'll be a picture?

Wishing all the very best as your plotting and planning continues this week..

Sandra said...

Goodness it's just so so exciting. I often think I'd like to get married again (to hubby again of course! .. I mean, George Clooney, has now been taken lol) but all the amazing things you can do for weddings, to make them extra special. Oh I can't wait to see all your creative ideas

Alison said...

You're making the cake?!...very brave though I have no doubt whatsoever that it will be as fabulous as everything else you're making will be!!xx

alexa said...

Such a lot of thoughtful detail going into this wedding ... Glad to hear your outfit is ready and hoping you are pleased with it. Your guests are very lucky to have all these lovely things to look at, smell and taste!