Monday 24 September 2018

Me on Monday

Could it possibly be ...

the last Monday in September?

And where better to spend the day but in sunny Cambridge?

Although it was sunny, the day started with a chill in the air so it was the perfect opportunity to try out my new jacket!


Naturally, no trip to Cambridge is complete without lunch out at Aromi's. I had the circular sourdough bread with a hole in the middle filled with mozzarella, pesto and tomato with a capucinno - bellisimo!



So now we are home this Monday finds me thinking about decorating again, this time in our own house.  We want to freshen up the upstairs landing and asked my niece (who trained as an interior designer) for ideas.  Let's just say she has given us quite a few ideas and our walls are a patchwork of colours from tester pots at the moment!

I'm not sure how we're going to schedule in this messy work as it looks as if we will be having our little whirlwind of a grandson a bit more often for the next couple of months.  Our daughter started suffering with the most intense itching on the soles of her feet and the palms of her hands.  Absolutely unbearable and so much worse at night time.  The doctor's midwife was quite dismissive and said it was due to the hot weather/dry skin but R wasn't convinced.  She called the hospital who took it a lot more seriously and she's been having weekly blood tests to check her bile acids.  On Friday her levels had risen and they have diagnosed cholestasis of pregnancy which is quite a concern.  It means baby will be delivered early at 37 weeks at the latest and she has to go to hospital 3 times a week, twice to be monitored and then a weekly blood test to see if medication helps to get her readings down.  Fortunately our hospital is only 9 miles away but obviously it means that a certain young man is going to be with us more frequently as I can't see him sitting still while his mummy is hooked up to a monitor for half an hour!

It's going to be a busy few weeks ahead - be prepared for 'Me and Leo on Monday' posts from now on!




6 comments:

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

I'm glad your daughter didn't dismiss this so easily!! We have to be our own advocates!!
As for the painting....it's always fun to add color to the rooms...messy, but fun!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Patio Postcards said...

Oh dear Deb that's quite a worry for you & daughter - I'll send lots of happy, healing positive thoughts your way. I cannot image trying to do any painting with a little 2 year old in the mix - no decorating will have to wait which gives you more time to formulate more ideas.

Is that not a bagel? sourdough bread with hole in the middle ...

debs14 said...

Definitely not a bagel! It had the texture of foccacia bread, really soft and airy - so delicious!

Ruth said...

That's quite a concern for Rachel (and all of you), I hope she is now feeling more comfortable.
Your lunch looks delicious - I need to remember to go here next time we are in Cambridge (and maybe you could come and meet us?!)

Barbara Eads said...

I've already started my list for my next trip to England. I have added Aromi's to it. I'll be sure to contact you for more recommendations! I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide about the decorating. Here I sit, trying to decide if I should bother with the Halloween stuff this year! If I don't do it now, it will hardly be worth it! Have fun with Leo!

Cheri said...

Your daughter's condition sounds dreadful! I do hope she is getting some relief and that you'll be enjoying your time with Leo.