Monday 19 November 2018

Me on Monday

The 'Feeling kind of anxious' edition.

I don't think I've been this anxious on a Monday for many a month.  By the end of this week, our 2nd grandchild will be born.  

It feels like this has been the longest pregnancy on record - it certainly hasn't been straightforward.  A couple of months ago my daughter developed a condition called cholestasis which means her bile acids have risen and that can be very dangerous to the baby especially towards the end of pregnancy.  They deliver baby between 37 and 38 weeks ideally and she has known for a while it would be by caesarean.  She has a date booked but if she goes into natural labour or if baby shows signs of distress, it could be any day before that.  

All very stressful especially for someone who is of an anxious disposition at the best of times!  I am living on tenterhooks and every time I see her name flash up on my phone I think 'this is it!' and I am ready for my little house guest to arrive for his sleep over.  

So please keep us in your thoughts this week and I'll leave you with a photo of the only person in the house who is remaining cool, calm and collected.


5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Sending lots of good thoughts & energy your way Deb. I can only imagine the anxiousness of it all. Thankfully your daughter has lots of attentive care in & out of the hospital. Of course people telling you to relax never helps ... we all look forward to hearing about new little person's arrival, there is such a magical moment about that!

Barbara Eads said...

I totally get your worry! I don't know why, but I worry more now than I ever did when my girls were little. And I worry about the grands too. I guess, for me, it comes with age and experience. I realize there's more to worry about than I did when I was young and naive! Prayers coming your way for your family. I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

Ruth said...

Goodness, worrying and exciting in equal measure - will be thinking about you. x

Missus Wookie said...

I can understand that anxiety - but glad that someone is managing to stay calm!

Will be thinking of you.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Oh, Debs, will be glad when you have this pregnancy behind you and can just love on that brand new baby. Keep us posted on everyone. Sending up a prayer for your daughter and baby and grandmother, too!! XO