Monday 14 January 2019

Me on Monday

I'm heading into the week with a fairly blank canvas and one new experience to try.  

I am also determined to do at least half an hour sewing each day if I can.  There's a new quilt underway made with some lovely Kaffe Fassett fabrics that were a Christmas present, I just have one more block sequence to sew into a square and then I can start putting it all together into a quilt



So what is the new experience?  The thing I signed up for and then instantly thought 'I'm not sure about this'?  Barre Fitness.  I have visions of tutus and pink tights, silk ballet shoes and me gliding around the floor like Dame Darcey Bussell but fear the reality may be more like the Dawn French episode of Vicar of Dibley.



The class is being led by the lady who takes my Zumba Gold class and I asked her to tell me honestly if it would be too much for an old girl like me but she assured me that I will be fine.  Also, no leotard, footless tights or ballet shoes are required. Meet me back here this time next week and we will see how it went.  There are apparently several reasons why it is good:

1. Low impact, less chance of injury
2. It is great for toned legs, trimmed arms, tightened waistlines and lifted bottoms (it'll be a miracle if that one is true!)
3. Gives you good posture and flexibility
4 You don't get sweaty

Honestly girls, you won't recognise me next week, what with all the skinny legs and arms, clothes falling off me because I've lost inches off my waist and bum.  What do you mean, 'you may have to go more than once'?




7 comments:

Ruth said...

I've heard good things about Barre Fitness, so do report back!

Cheri said...

I went to a Barre class once. Never went back - it was way too much for me. I hope you fare better!

The Glossychic said...

Staying fit is very cool, great work with the Barre fitness.
Wonder Cottage
The Glossychic

Barb said...

Just found your blog via Tamara and would love to hear what you think of the barre classes. I alternate between silver sneakes strength, waterwalking and am about to add zumba. Fasset fabrics are the best!! Looking for backing to finish a quilt this week!!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Oh, doll, can't wait to read about your experience with barre. I envisioned tutus and pink tulle and ballet steps, too. My first class about did me in and there was not pink or tulle involved.

Yay for working 30 minutes a day on your quilt. I really want to get back to being creative and think I will pack my cross stitch to work on at my mom's this next trip. Hard to pack my scrapbooking because it involves so much stuff! The colors of your patches are delicious. Berry and cabernet colors. Can't wait to follow your progress.

Patio Postcards said...

That video made me chuckle out loud - just perfect medicine. I've never heard of Barra Fitness, but anything ballet strikes me as fantastic & probably very challenging; yes waiting to hear how you enjoyed. Locally the rage right now is a tap dance fitness class - it is beyond my abilities - I'll stick with my crazy stuck in the 80's fitness lady - her class I can do & giggle at the same time.

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

I tried a barre class once and loved it. But right now I've been doing online yoga...it's SO convenient!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com