Monday 21 January 2019

Me on Monday

Being a Brit I feel it is only right and proper for me to start this post with a comment about the weather.  Isn't it cold out there?  When we went for our dog walk yesterday the ducks were walking on top of the lake - the whole thing had frozen over.  That hasn't happened for a very long time, normally there is a patch right in the middle that stays liquid, but not this weekend.  
 

Maybe I need to just concentrate on the holiday we have booked for a few months time.  I'm not totally sure 'holiday' will mean the same thing that it normally does as we are going away with our daughter, son in law and family.  It will be Leo's first holiday, I think he's going to be extremely excited.  We never travelled abroad when our children were that young so I'm not sure how fraught the flight may be with an over excited toddler and a 6 month old baby, but hey, there's 4 grown ups to share the experience!  We're going to be that family that no one wants to sit in front of aren't we?

When I left you last week, I was going to a Barre Fitness class and warned you that you may not recognise me this week with all the toning and shaping it was going to help with.  Well, it was as I feared, you do need to go more than once!  I will be returning this week as it was  obvious that I had worked some lazy muscles that hadn't been used for quite some time as the following day going up and down stairs was not as comfortable as it normally is.  I can see how the idea of small, intense movements make your muscles work harder and I think that this type of exercise will be a good accompaniment to the Zumba that I do on a Thursday which is mainly cardio based.  

I've no excuse for not cracking on with my sewing today as the wadding and backing fabric arrived at the weekend.  Which reminds me, guess what else arrived on Saturday?  A parcel that my friend who lives in Florida sent to me ... on ... 14 DECEMBER!  Where has it been for a month? It left the US fine and arrived in the UK on 16 December, what do you think happened to it?

Right, I need to pop out and get a few bits from the supermarket, I wonder if it's warmed up a bit out there?


Nope!  Time to dig out the hat, the gloves, the warmest winter coat ...

5 comments:

Ruth said...

How lovely to have a family holiday to look forward to! I do wonder what the Royal Mail does with our parcels some days ...

Patio Postcards said...

I'm glad you survived your fitness dance class - victory! I agree with Ruth, how lovely to look forward to a family holiday. Now that our Canada Post folks are settled after their strike, our mail seems to be moving without much delay.

Cheri said...

We are at 5 degrees farenheit today (-15 celcius) and I have to go out. So wish I didn't!!!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Bravo to surviving your first barre class and making plans to return for more! I was incredibly sore after my first class.

I am with my mum in Kentucky and the temps have been crazy cold. This morning it was -15*C. But it will warm up tomorrow and Wednesday before more cold weather and precipitation move in.

Exciting that you have everything to begin work on your quilt. Sometimes it is scary to start a new project, at least for me. So maybe you just need to wait til the time feels right to begin. I have my cross stitch here with me and hope to get some work down on it tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow will be a good day for you to begin, too!

alexa said...

Oooh, I wish there was a barre class in our area - though I'm sure I'd be stiff and hobbling the next day! Admiring you for trying something new. I remember when we lived in Hertfordshire and the local aquadrome froze over; all the ducks trying to land came skidding across the ice, ending in a feather heap at the edge! That sounds as if there's going to be one very spoilt-for-adult-attention baby on your holiday.