Monday 13 May 2019

Me on Monday

It's amazing I've found time to write this post.  I have a new guilty pleasure.  Any spare half hour I find when I have the house to myself.  Honestly, I can't help myself.  What is this thing?  A new series I've discovered on Netflix.  My daughter's friend recommended it to her and for some strange reason she hasn't found time to watch it.  Honestly, just because she has an energetic toddler and a 5 month old baby, surely she must have all the time in the world to watch tv, right?  🤣 It's a series called 'Dead to Me'.  First of all I thought it was going to be a 'chick flick' kind of thing but it's so much more than that.  It probably appeals more to women than men but it's not your average rom-com girly series.  I have just one episode left to watch and boy is the action heating up, so many strands of the same story.  Just to let you know how much I have been finding excuses to watch tv, my ironing pile is non existent.  Not a thing left to iron.  Nada.  Never been known before!  Have you seen this programme?  

I have that certain little toddler coming later this morning while his sister goes for a check up blood test so there'll be no watching tv in peace once he gets here that's for sure.  The sun is shining so I feel sure that he will be in the front door and then straight out the back to pick up his trowel and dig for 'wood smouses'.  It fascinates him to lift up a pot, watch the woodlice scuttle away and curl into a ball.  There may even be time to head over to the lake to feed the ducks.  


These white ducks are the noisiest, bossiest ducks on the lake.  They move twice as fast as the brown ducks and they are so loud, and quite intimidating!  They've been over the other side of the lake nesting in the last month or so but when we went for a walk at the weekend we saw they were back.

Then this afternoon a quick visit to my sister's to pick up the keys to her holiday home in Portugal.  Yes folks, Leo's first trip on an aeroplane is imminent. Better start taking my multi-vitamins ... 


3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Good for you for finding something that makes ironing less painful! I've not seen the show you mentioned as we don't get Netflix. Hope you have a fun day with Leo, bug hunting does sound like a solo activity ... one you can enjoy watching him enjoying the discoveries (col).

Ruth said...

Erm, I thought the white ducks were some sort of goose ...
We don't have Netflix but I'm enjoying an Icelandic drama called Trapped via Prime (I think BBC4 might have also shown it).

Barbara Eads said...

I haven't really ironed in years, but I just might need to start!! I put that show on my list. Ozark and Bloodline are a couple of other really good ones.

Have fun with your grandson---the years fly by.