Friday 10 April 2020

10 on the 10th

This month's theme for 10 on the 10th over at Leslie's blog is sharing 10 favourite quotes Bible verses or songs.  As I am in England, and Leslie is in the US, I always post early for her themed posts so you may have to pop over to hers later for her selection!

I've decided to concentrate on 10 favourite songs so bear with me as we may not share the same musical tastes.  Thanks to Youtube for all the video clips that I've added.



🌟🌟🌟

When my son was a teenager I once overheard him chatting with friends and they were joking about the music cassettes their parents used to play in the car.  His friends were laughing about getting fed up with the same nursery rhymes tape, or Postman Pat.  Then I heard Jon laugh and say 'we had to listen to Simply Red'. It's true, they did, they were in the back seat and I was in the front with full control of what went in the cassette player.  So I feel that I should start with one of my favourites there.  Which one to choose though?

Simply Red - Stars




For my Christmas present in 2006, my daughter took me to see George Michael in his 25 Live tour at Wembley.  It was, hands down, the very best concert that I have EVER been to.  (And I've been to some good ones - Santana, George Benson, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross ...). I loved George Michael, right from his WHAM days, and I was so sad when he died.  I have a programme about him recorded on our TV  and I have locked it so it can't accidentally be deleted and it still makes me cry at the end.  Oh so many favourites of his, can I choose two?  

George Michael - Careless Whisper



George Michael - Faith




Next up are some that bring back happy memories of my youth!

Average White Band - Pick up the pieces



The Isley Brothers - Summer Breeze



And now it's time for the one that was always the last record to be played at discos and if you were really lucky, you got to slow dance to it with whoever you had your eye on all evening ;-)

Santana - Samba Pa Ti




Then one from the late 70s that reminds me of when I first met Paul.  Paul and I have VERY different tastes in music but there are a few bands that we both like and this next song is one of our mutual likes!  

Earth Wind and Fire - September




And some more recent ones 

Queen - Don't stop me now





And we are living in strange and stressful times at the moment, so let's end on my two current feel good songs to leave you with a smile on your face.  Take care everyone, stay home and stay safe x

Justin Timberlake - Can't stop the feeling




Pharell Williams - Happy














6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Well that was fun. Thanks. Of your 10 I don't think I could pick a favourite.

Happy Easter Deb & family.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

I love George Michael ♥ and every time I hear that Justin Timberlake song I think of my line dancing friends in Texas. I love the way songs can bring back memories.

Ruth said...

That's an interesting mix of genres - but all good! I'm in the process of collating the "Covid-19 Mixtape" blog post - live soon! Thanks for sharing.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Oh, such great choices!!! Familiar with most of these songs. Had to listen to a couple of bars on one or two in order to jog my memory. Hadn't seen the video of the Justin Timberlake song. So much fun. In fact, I didn't know the name of that song because we always just said, "Dance, dance, dance." And Lucia would oblige!!

Barbara Eads said...

I like many on your list, but Queen is my favorite. Under Pressure is my favorite song! I love the movie that was out last year too. jI have to add, a little JT is great too!

alexa said...

Super choices - and I do love 'Happy'! I feel I need all the moments of happiness I can lay my hands on at this time :).