Saturday 23 May 2020

Tales from the sofa

Or should that say 'tails on the sofa'?  Because that's where I've been spending most of my days.



I've realised that my humans must love me so very, very much because they can't bear to leave me on my own anymore.  Seriously, they used to leave me protecting the house on my own at least once a day, but weeks have gone by now without them both being out at the same time and I have to say I am loving it.  

Yesterday I got to have three lovely long walks over the park.  THREE.  The son of my humans arrived with his own little human and it was suggested that we all went for a walk.  I'd barely got my breath back from my post-breakfast trip but you know me, I'm never one to turn down a chance for extra walkies.

I have had a couple of personal appearances since I last wrote a blog post.  People do love to see my little face pop up on a Zoom call, I've even been a guest on an exercise class.  Although I have learned to leave the room now when I see my female human walk in the room wearing lycra leggings and a belly dancing skirt.  That's a sight that no-one needs to see.

I've been doing a bit of a work-out in the garden myself


Here you can see me doing keepy-uppies with an ironically named 'Paw Patrol' football.  Actually it's a trick of the camera angle but it does make it look like I have perfect ball control!

Keep safe and keep well everyone, and if you are lucky enough to have a little furry friend (even if it's a cat) make sure you stay home as much as you can to let them know how much you can't bear to be parted from them.

Coco 🐶

7 comments:

Barbara Eads said...

Clever and cute!

Ruth said...

Hi Coco, I've just read this post out loud to Miss Tilly, but to be honest, she's asleep under the desk so didn't really take in what I was saying to her.

She has also made appearances by video calls and when I am doing my step classes or Pilates, she likes to lie on the sofa or bed and watch. She's never tempted to join in!

You're lucky to live with such lovely humans - tell them I said hi.

Maggie said...

I think our pets are in for a bit of a suprise when life gets back to normal. On the rare occasions I go out Poppy sees the sign of doors locking and windows shutting as a sign that she is off for a walk. She is quite dejected when she realises it isn't.
Poppy also likes zoom. My younger daughter misses Poppy more than she does us! Poppy knows her voice on zoom and comes up to the screen for a chat!

Cheri said...

Lovely hearing from you Coco! As a human temporarily without a furry friend, I like to live vicariously. I hope you won't miss your humans too much once they start venturing out again.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Hi Coco. Nice to hear from you. Glad to see you're not too tired for a workout after all those walks. :)

Susanne said...

Hi Coco, How nice for your humans to have you around all the time. We miss our granddog, who doesn't need us because his humans are working from home. We did get to see him over the weekend, where he enjoyed walks and a good bonfire with us. He has no ball tricks whatsoever though.

Patio Postcards said...

Coco you are a very loved pup. I admire your skills are keeping a journal of these times, which I have shared with my fur girls, the kitties. They agree with you about us humans staying home as much as possible.