Monday 6 February 2023

Down to earth

 … with a bump!

I popped out to the shops on Saturday.  I thought I looked ok. I wore my jeans with chunky boots, a pale pink top with a navy waist length Chanel style jacket on top, I'd washed my hair, put a bit of mascara and lip gloss on.  As I walked towards the shops I could hear a small child on a scooter behind me.  The path was narrow so I stepped aside to let him pass.  As he went ahead of me, he looked over his shoulder and said "thank you Granny!"  I did not have much of a spring in my step for the rest of the journey!  

Last night I was looking through some old scrapbook albums for a particular photo I know I had used in a layout and while searching I found this page from when Coco was a puppy.


It would appear that she has aged better than me 



So today I am meeting for lunch with four ex work colleagues, one of whom is always impeccably dressed.  Everything co-ordinates, from earrings and nail varnish to beautifully stylish outfits and shoes.  After Saturday's experience I shall be making much more of an effort so I do not look too shabby in comparison!  I had better stop typing this up and start getting ready now!

Have a good week!


7 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Oh the cheek of the scooter rider! ... but at least he did say thank you (col). What a nice layout of Coco as a puppy. Hope you have fun with your lady friends.

Ruth said...

Sorry for chuckling! But remember that all youngsters think anyone over the age of about 20 is considered old!

So fun to see your scrapbook pages pop up!

alexa said...

Aww ... That's a very sweet page about the pretty Coco. Sorry your self-image got a knock, despite your kindness to the young rider. I remember being very taken aback when an assistant in B and Q told me about the discount I could get with a Senior Card, and I wasn't even sixty :(. Hoping you had a lovely time with your friends and could hold your head up high!

Barbara Eads said...

Hahahaahaha! Actually, that little kid would have made my day! I guess you can consider that a "whistle" at our age! Love your layout!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Oh how rude! I find myself bristling when someone refers to me as "love", as the young girl taking my blood sample did today.

Bernie Cruikshank said...

People see grey hair and automatically assume old. And perhaps you don't even have grey hair and he was just being a typical kid. Enjoy your lunch with friends and know that the companionship is way more important than the clothes.

Susanne said...

Ouch! I would have taken a bit of offense, or at least felt self conscious too. Although if I actually was a granny, I might take it better. (Maybe one day.) The week of vacation when we were with 4 other couples made me up my wardrobe and makeup game a bit, but it didn't take long for me to get back to quick and easy. I should probably try a bit harder as well.