Monday 12 February 2024

Me on Monday 12 February

 Does everyone have their eggs, flour and milk ready for Shrove Tuesday/pancake day tomorrow?  How do you like your pancakes?  Small and chunky like American pancakes, or thin and delicate like a French crepe?  What about toppings - do you drizzle with honey and sprinkle blueberries and sliced strawberries on them, or a more traditional lemon juice and a sprinkle of caster sugar?  We have Leo and Rosie here on a Tuesday and they have already put in their requests for American style with honey or Nutella on them.  I will have my lemon and caster sugar ready for my thinner version!

I need to have a week of eating less after last week which included two lunches out and friends over for Sunday lunch yesterday.  However we will be ending the week with dinner out with my sister and cousin to a new to us Italian restaurant but maybe 6 good days out of 7 will be fine!

We had absolutely torrential rain here last week, the water on the lake rose really high and there were several pockets of flooding on the roads nearby.  It was a good excuse to stay indoors and get my jigsaw finished - gosh it was a tough one.

Not to mention my crochet coming along nicely, I'm definitely enjoying this one and intending to slowly enjoy each new part rather than impatient to get on with the next part.  I'm dreadful at rushing through things to move on so am really having to restrain myself to just do a little bit every day and not even look at what the next square is all about.  I'm only printing the pattern instructions as I need them instead of downloading them all en masse.  



Random piece of information this week is that it is Darwin Day.  I'm not sure it's something I will be celebrating and we didn't get round to organising an oriental meal for Chinese New Year this year either.   However, Pancake Day will always be celebrated here!  Have a good week x



4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Your crochet project is coming along nicely. We do celebrate Pancake Tuesday, which means pancakes twice this week. Pancakes are a big feature at our monthly Parish Brunches, which was yesterday. Hopefully you will get less to no rain this week, to allow all the system to regain control over the amount received already.

Ruth said...

I prefer a thin and crispy pancake, usually with lemon and sugar, but sometimes with raspberries, blueberries and honey. :)

Barbara Eads said...

I love pancakes! I rarely make them because, you know, the calories and everytihing. I prefer them a little thicker than crepes (although I do love crepes) served with lots of butter and maple syrup--oh and pecans baked inside! That's a twice a year extravagance for me. As you mentioned, all the eating out is hard on the diet! But now that you mentioned it, I'm having lunch out today. I sure would love some pancakes!

Jennifer said...

Oh, I should have read this yesterday! Today is Pancake Tuesday!?! I had no idea...and here it is 2:30 in the afternoon. Maybe pancakes for dinner:) I do like crepes (and with lemon and sugar sounds delish!!) but have not mastered making them myself. It shouldn't be that tricky! So, thick pancakes for me. I love nuts in the batter and bananas on the top:) By the way, not a Starbucks girl either. You have not missed anything (or any good coffee) by not going there. Just sayin:)