Monday 20 May 2024

Me on Monday

 Last week saw a lot of work in the garden (mostly for Paul with me in more of a supervisory role 😉) This is a great time of year to be out there and I think we have reached that stage where the plants have established themselves and are happy to do their own thing once spring has arrived.  I cannot take the credit for all of this, Paul is the one who spent a lot of last week tidying, planting up pots and mowing the lawn.  I was happy to admire his hard work at the end of the day!  The red shrub in the first photo has excelled itself this year, it's a weigela and its sister plant with the pale pink flowers and variegated leaf is in the second photo.  Last year I was ruthless with my cutting back after they had flowered but boy has that paid off, this is the best they have ever looked.




The third photo shows the right hand side of the garden where we had to remove our flowering cherry tree last year.  I actually think it looks much better and the plants that were beneath it are enjoying all the extra light and sunshine.

So, weather permitting we will be doing a bit more tidying out there before the rain returns although first I have to go to the shops to buy some new gardening clogs; my old ones completely split down the front when I was wearing them at the weekend.  Again, much of the work will be down to Paul as I am meeting some friends for lunch and will probably be out for much of the time that he is gardening!

Have a good week x


4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Your garden looks fantastic - an oasis of beauty. I can imagine the lilac smell wonderful.

Ruth said...

Your garden looks lovely and thank goodness for a few sunny and warm days - long may they remain!

Barbara Eads said...

Your garden is so beautiful! Kudos to Paul. What would we do without our "guys" who do the lion's share of the garden work?

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Your garden looks amazing. I'm aiming for something like that once the horrid concrete shed has gone!!