Monday 17 June 2024

Me on Monday 17 June

 Hello, it’s been a while since I was here on a Monday!

Since my last Monday post I’ve spent a week in the sunshine in Mallorca and it was glorious 😊 A bit of a surprise to return to such unsettled weather back in the UK. I think we need to try switching the weather off and then on again to see if we can reset it!

Let me share a little taster of our trip


A lunchtime sangria in the sunshine


View from our dinner table on the first night


You can't go to Mallorca and not try a paella!


Sunset over the bay


Took the tram to Soller


Little bit breezy on the bridge overlooking the sea!


That's our hotel right behind me


Sunrise from our hotel balcony

I was happy to tick off a few photos from the list of prompts for this year’s Photo Hunt which is being organised by Ruth this year. I will share those at the first check in.

It’s been a busy and mixed week since our return, normal childcare duties resumed straight away on the Tuesday and Thursday, and we had a funeral to attend on Wednesday which was very sad. Our neighbour was diagnosed with cancer four years ago and has left his wife and 10 year old son after much gruelling treatment. Then on Friday a much happier occasion when we went to my cousin’s wedding. 

We had no plans for the weekend which was a relief as it felt like we needed a couple of days to relax back into normal life.

We have a quiet start to the week and then busy again at the end with friends coming for afternoon tea on Friday, a tour around a vineyard on Saturday then visiting our friends who moved to the coast on Sunday.

All I would really like now is a little bit of sunshine and some warmer temperatures!



5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Deb your trip looks like it had everything on your list; beautiful weather, good food & interesting places to visit. Sounds like a busy return.

We can send you some of our heat, forecast for the first three days of the week are for +34 (c) temperatures, add in humidity & well you have weather that requires lots of shade, lots of water.

Ruth said...

Looks as thought you had a marvellous time! Can’t wait to see which items you’ve ticked off on the scavenger hunt list!

Jennifer said...

A funeral and a wedding in one week. Isn't that life? So glad you had such a nice trip...and thanks for sharing your photos. They are fantastic - especially that view from the dinner table! WOW...no one would be in a hurry to finish their meal!!:)

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Such lovely photos from your vacation. That view from your dinner table!! Just WOW! I tried to make paella once with less than glowing results. Would like to try it somewhere prepared by someone who knows what they are doing.

I am so sorry for the loss of your neighbor and for his wife and family. That cancer is just a monster. And the treatments so often are as hideous as the disease. We are quietly celebrating that PC seems cancer-free but I still find myself holding my breath.

Enjoy your tea tomorrow and vineyard tour on Sunday. Hope you have sunshine for both.

Barbara Eads said...

I had to Google Mallorca. I've heard of it, but didn't even know where it was. Another place to add to our list of travel destinations. It looks beautiful and so do you!