Sunday 2 June 2024

What I've been reading in May

 I started the month with a randomly chosen kindle book from Amazon 

All Good Things by Amanda Prowse



You know the saying 'The grass is always greener ...'? Well that is how this book begins.  Daisy Harrop is bored with her life.  Her mother is virtually housebound with depression and Daisy yearns to be more like their neighbours, The Kellaways.

The Kellaways appear to have it all and are more than happy to flaunt their wealth and good fortune.  On the evening that they are out to celebrate the wedding anniversary of the grandparents, things start to unravel.  Secrets emerge from the woodwork, admissions are made and their gilded life starts to tarnish.  The grass is not always greener on the other side of the garden fence and appearances can be deceptive.  

I really enjoyed this book and liked how each character was given their own chapter to show their side of the story.

📚📚📚

I did read another book this month but it is my friend's book which is still in the editing stage so I can't share any information until it is published next year!  I'll share that one when I can!

I have just started a book where I have already seen the tv adaptation.  It's one of the books that JK Rowling wrote under the name Robert Galbraith.  It follows the investigations of Cormoran Strike.  I enjoyed the tv series so hoping the book will be as good! I'm trying to limit myself in reading it as we are off on our travels to Mallorca on Monday and I like to have a few books either on my kindle or 'proper' paperbacks.

I should have more to report at the end of the month!


3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Thanks for the book referral. How lovely to have a close friend that is an author & that you get sneak peeks.

Ruth said...

The Strike novels are excellent - even if they are a little wordy! How fun to read your friend's book months before it goes on sale. :)

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Is your friend's book Dani's next offering? If so, I am eager to read it. What an honor that you were invited to read it before its release!!

Adding All Good Things to my Pinterest board for book club consideration. It sounds very interesting. I am enjoying this month's book, The Flower Sisters. Decided to listen to it because it takes me so long to read anything.