Friday 26 July 2024

#WBOYC in July

 


Now I was very early with my last post regarding the Summertime Photo Hunt so I have been more diligent in getting my WBOYC post.  So even though it seems like we still have almost a week of July to go, here is my round up of the month so far.

J

Joining a 'knit and natter' group has spurred me on to get back to my current project which had gone off the boil!


However, there seems to be more 'natter' than 'knit' so I don't actually get too much done in between drinking cups of tea and eating lunch.  It's good to meet new, likeminded people in a very social environment.

U

Using our voucher for Thai meal which was so delicious, I’d eaten most of it before I remembered to take a photo 😆

Unexpected house guest. Our son has a plumbing emergency that is going to take a few days to rectify so they will be moving here for the last few days of July.  As this coincides with us having Daisy the Dachshund  here while Rachel and family visit relatives who are not dog lovers the house is going to be full!

L

Lovely to celebrate Max’s 5th birthday.  He had a brilliant party with all his class from school enjoying a bouncy castle and treasure hunt based on Minecraft characters - not to mention a lovely cake.

Last day at work for my friend who is retiring.  We worked together for about 10 years before I left and we've remained friends since then.  It was very strange to go back to the school for her retirement party. I'm pleased to have gained another retired friend who will be available for lunches midweek.

Y

Years  - 56, since my school friends and I first met at Secondary school and we still meet up once a year.  It's so good to keep those friendships going and the evenings always go past so quickly.

So over here in the UK we are still awaiting summer to properly arrive. Mother Nature keeps taunting us with one or two sunny days only to play tricks and give us a day of rain and low temperatures afterwards.

Would you like to see a 1 Second Everyday clip of the month so far?



Now please pop over to Deb's World in Australia to see what's been happening over there.

6 comments:

Women Living Well After 50 said...

Hi Deb thank you for joining us at #WBOYC? Sometimes we need a nudge with our projects, don't we and it would be fun joining a group of likeminded people. It is my high school 50th anniversary next year and I can't believe where the years have gone.

Joanne Tracey said...

I love those squares! So creative ... it puts my temperature blanket squares to shame. Thanks for linking up with us.

Barbara Eads said...

I always love this post and your creative ways to use each letter. Have fun with the grands as they keep you on your toes while staying a few days!!

Ruth said...

I also enjoy these posts and marvel at your creativity, both with each month's letters and with your crocheting. :)

Deb's World said...

How fun Deb! Your school reunions are a lovely way to stay connected and I have to say I like the sound of Knit and Natter - but I'd do more nattering than knitting I'm sure.
Thanks for joining us for #WBOYC and hopefully summer arrives very soon. We're on our way over there in September so maybe a late Indian summer will be on the cards :)

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Lots of smiles on the faces of those featured in your 1 sec each day video. I am sure you are up to your ears in company right now, with your son and his family, and Rachel's Daisy, too. Hope your son's plumbing emergency is an easy, inexpensive and quick fix.

I am contemplating taking a crochet class just because I so love your crochet work. The colors you put together are sometimes unexpected combinations to me but look lovely together. I liked the picture of the balls or skeins of yarn on the rug.

Good for you to have a new retired friend and potential lunch mate. Hope you can get together soon.