Thursday 28 July 2011

Deliberate mistake

Have you spotted the deliberate mistake on my blog yet?  That's right, the header says August and it's still July.  No I'm not having a 'senior moment' - I do realise that we still have a couple of days left of July.  But I am going to be away from computer-land on 1 August and I figure that sooner is better than later, at least if I do it early at least it isn't likely to be forgotten! 
It seems that this week fate is out there trying desperately to disrupt my plans and my 'to do' list isn't getting any shorter; every time I am ready to tick something off something else gets added to the bottom.  In fact 'update blog header' wasn't even on my 'to do' list - it just suddenly sprang to mind!
I am firmly of the opinion that leaving children behind when you go away adds to the stress levels rather than reducing them, there is a lot of 'I hope he remembers to lock up properly when he goes out' and 'will he remember to turn the oven off after he finishes cooking dinner' because let's face it, boys are not the most reliable of species!  However, I can tell by the way he rolls his eyes to the ceiling when I ask him questions that he has heard all my instructions before and isn't keen to hear them again. 
Right - things to do, places to go and people to see.  Must step away from the computer - NOW!

8 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Have a fabulous time!
rinda

scrappyjacky said...

Enjoy your holiday.

Cheri said...

Enjoy your time away! I'm sure the house will still be standing when you return...

Sian said...

Have a wonderful time! I'm loving that seaside-y header, it'll make me feel all holiday-y all August!

Heather said...

It is a lovely header & makes me want to pack my bags too!! Have a good break & don't stress about anything xx

Anonymous said...

Love the new header and be assured that it isn't just boys who have perfected the eye roll when you remind them of something!

Alison said...

Love the header...enjoy the holiday, and I'm quite sure all will be fine when you get back!
Alison xx

Cheryl said...

Have a fab time x