Wednesday 10 October 2012

10 on the 10th and sending hugs to Deb (Paperturtle)

This post was scheduled before I heard that Deb's (Paperturtle) mum, Marti, had died and I am sure that we are all thinking of their family at this sad time.  But I know that Deb and Carrie are hoping to make a visit to the UK next year and trying to organise a visit to our little part of the country in order to join in one of the EK Colchester crops so this still feels a tiny bit appropriate.

It's been a while since I did this, but inspiration struck at the Eclectic Keepsake's crop on Saturday.
So without further ado, ladies, I bring you ... 10 things that make a brilliant crop day.  

1 - A welcome face as you walk through the door.  May I introduce Mrs Karen Moss
 2 - Bags packed with all the essentials.  Where did that penguin come from?
3 - Lots of like minded crafty ladies.  As you can see, Jane is working on something that needs a lot of concentration
 4 - Plenty of cups of tea or coffee ...
5 -... To accompany a selection of tasty cupcakes


 6 - Lemon meringue cupcakes and the chance to make as much crafty mess as you like without anyone passing comment 
7 The chance to play with other people's collection of goodies

8 and play with machines you don't have at home
9 Turning the mess in number 6 into something resembling a layout

 and last but definitely not least

10 An afternoon class with the rather talented Mrs Ann Freeman


Hope to see you at a crop very soon Deb & Carrie x





15 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

The cupcakes would definately get me there. I wish I had a crop near me.

humel said...

Love that there's a mug in the basket of 'shared tools'!! And those cupcakes look amazing :)

Amy said...

I have loved this little glimpse into your crop - I'd love to pop on over one day too!

Denise said...

Ahem- Is that a new brown and pink totey thing I spy on your desk Mrs K ?? I missed being there xx

Rhona said...

Great peek of your crop and I also spotted that mug in the tools ;). It would be wonderful for Deb and Carrie to get to one too xx

Cheri said...

I love attending crops. Maybe someday, we'll all get to have one big bloggy crop together!

Sian said...

Ooh, you are making me envious all over again! I've never been to a crop and this one always looks so friendly and fun. Nice post

Lou said...

looks like a perfect crop to me! x

Anonymous said...

Thank you Deb for showcasing the crop so wonderfully. I have to explain about the mug - it was one that missed getting washed up at the September crop and so I washed it up when I got home and it never made it back into the box with all the other mugs, just lived with my punches for a month!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I've never been to a crop before. That looks like fun.

Beverly said...

Now why would you expect Penguin to miss out on so much fun?!

Maria Ontiveros said...

A lovely post; hope you all do get to crop together.
Rinda

alexa said...

Lovely post and sigh! I am remembering crops with fondness. :)

Sandie said...

That's a great post Debs... looking forward to next months crop!
And to seeing you tomorrow at Ann's!)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Dear sweet Deb ~ Thanks so much for your kind sentiments at the beginning of this post, and for your excitement over Carrie and I joining you in a crop day next spring! That is definitely something we look forward to!!!

Thanks also for all of the love and support you have shown for my mom, Carrie, and me through a very sad time. ♥