Monday 1 October 2012

Hello Monday

Hello Monday - You started very early today - 2am to be precise.  Wonder what it was that woke that Coco up and made her bark, non-stop for 10 minutes.
Hello Monday - And hello October!  You're making your presence felt today, wind and rain - yuk!
Hello Monday - A bit of an emotional day for our daughter as she handed in her notice at work.  A new job in London beckons.  Hopefully the start of better times for her.
Hello Monday  - I wonder what make Coco think that the dead bird she found on her lunchtime walk would make a good pet if she brought it home with her?  (Imagine slight tug of war between me and dog in rain in a lane by our house)
Hello Monday - Cottage pie for tea tonight.  Love the comfort food that colder weather makes you crave.
Hello Monday  - And hello to the week that sees Strictly Come Dancing start properly!
Hello Monday - It's going to be a busy week at work.  Please give me the patience and good humour which may be necessary!
Hello Monday - something nice to look forward to at the end of the week.  A crop at Eclectic Keepsakes with a class being taught by the wonderful Ann Freeman .  Hopefully the talented Karen Moss will be jotting ideas down from the 'Great British Bake Off' and delicious cupcakes will be provided as normal.
Hello Monday - In view of the above, I had probably better get my bags sorted and packed!

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, dear, another dish I don't know about. What is cottage pie? I am getting quite an education reading all these English blogs!

Ruth said...

My Monday started slightly later than yours ~ 4.30am, when TBC woke up :(

Maria Ontiveros said...

I went to a crop last weekend and had a FABULOUS time! It had been way too long. It's usually a raccoon which drive our animals nuts in the middle of the night.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

Well,I'm glad my day didn't start as early as yours!!
Hope the work week goes ok.

Jo.C said...

Forgotten about Strictly - yeah. I ended up watching Flog it this Saturday which was very sad and desperate :0)

Sandie said...

Will see you on Saturday at EC. Hope your Cottage Pie was good! Indeed, good comfort food and just what is needed on these nights that are drawing in too fast.

Anonymous said...

I am planning lemonylicious cupcakes just for you!

alexa said...

Cottage pie and lemon cupcakes - oh, perfect autumnal food! Hope your week unfolds happily.:)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

sorry your Monday started so early! Hope the rest of the week allows for more sleep

Alison said...

Enjoy your crop on Saturday..and the cupcakes!!
Alison xx

humel said...

Hello Deb :) Hope your busy week is going well! My week suddenly got less busy, when I had to cancel little things like work, attending a course, doing the food shop, sleep etc due to my foot injury...