Friday 27 June 2014

Let's sit and have a cup of coffee

Have you just been to have tea with Abi? She thrilled to be home relaxing after a busy time with exams so I'm sure you've enjoyed catching up with her news. 
 
The coffee maker's ready, and I have a new supply of Nespresso pods, so choose your colour and we will be good to go!
It's been a little while since you popped in, and I can't believe we are more than half way through the year.  I am counting down the weeks to school finishing, but there's still a lot of work to be done.  I don't work in the long summer holidays so I have to leave my desk ready to jump straight back in on September 2nd.
Enough of work! Let me show you the wonderful quilt squares I've received from around the world

Aren't they fab? I still have four to come but I am already loving how different they all are. Although I'm still excited about the ones that are left to make, I am a little bit sad that there are only a few more squares to make.  I need someone to come up with another sewing related swap!
I've bought a new batch of fabric that I want to turn into a quilt and think that I have finally decided on what to have as a pattern.  I loved the wonky log cabin design of Jackie's quilt square and plan to have a little go at that to see if I could make a whole quilt of them.  Needless to say I've been googling a lot of patterns but, as always seems to be the way, everyone has a different way of doing them.  Have you ever had a go at that pattern?
Are you joining in with Rinda's Scavenger Hunt?  I've managed to track down a few of the 'easy' ones I knew I would be able to find and was thrilled to tick a few of the others off when we went up to Edinburgh a couple of weekends ago.  Can you believe that one of the elusive ones seems to be the 'welcome to your home town' one.  Seems that my town isn't very welcoming!  We live on the borders of Hertfordshire & Essex - literally.  There is a street in town where one side is Herts and the other is Essex!  So we have a welcome sign for each county but not the actual town.  There must be one somewhere, I shall have to check the less obvious routes into town, there is more than one way!
I've just added my name to join in Sian's latest swap - it's postcards this time.  Are you joining in too?  Go on, pop over there and read all about it, it sounds fun. 
Whilst offering you biscuits you may notice that I am restraining myself from taking a second, please help me out by finishing them up.  I joined Slimming World and am now 4 and a half pounds lighter so I will be grateful if you eat them up.  As the saying goes, 'I can resist anything but temptation'! 
It's been lovely chatting, but there are more people for you to visit so I will say goodbye and look forward to seeing you again, same time next month! 

13 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

A lovely catch up. Will post mine over the weekend as it's a SIPIDI! day today. It's so fun receiving the squares, isn't it? I see you have a few more to come so I don't need to email you about that now! Some more happy mail to come. I have three of mine and am really looking forward to the rest.

Abi said...

Hooray! I can see my square. It is such a joy to receive happy mail isn't it. I'm joining in with Sian's swap too. That Sian comes up with great ideas. I agree with you about a new fabric swap/challenge thing. We will have to get our thinking caps on! Thank you for joining in again this month Deb. It was a pleasure as usual!

Sian said...

Your squares look lovely..I hope you receive the rest very soon.

I was thinking of a crochet Granny square swap, but I'd need to get my big big blanket finished first. And it's big..

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) So fun to see all of your quilt blocks laid out like that, Deb. I've loved this project too and even though I'm excited to put that quilt top together, I will be very sad to see it come to an end.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend! xo

Ruth said...

How lovely to see your quilt squares in one grouping. Funny that the tea posts seem to be all about changes today.

scrappyjacky said...

It's lovely to see all your squares,Deb....and so pleased that you like the wonky log cabin.
I'm really looking forward to those long school holidays.

Sandra said...

Could I have one of the purple pods, they're my favourite.

Your squares are lovely and all so different

Beverly said...

So nice to sit down for a bit with you, Deb. I finally have all the quilt squares done, yours is on its way. It's going to be interesting seeing the different designs that people come up with :)

Jane said...

the squares all look beautiful. I'm joining in the scavenger hunt again and also Sian's postcard swap x

ally said...

So nice to catch up again. Love the squares can't wait to see what you do with them all.

Sinead said...

Thank you so much for the Nespresso coffee :) Lovely to catch up with you, your quilt squares are just beautiful and I'm taking part in Sian's swap too. What a brilliant idea! Hope the last few days of work go ok :) x

Susanne said...

Lovely catchup- the squares are fab! And I've yet to get a start on Rinda's hunt, although I spend a large part of today clicking the camera for other reasons.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm also doing Sian's post card swap and wish I had the sewing skills to do the quilt swap.
So glad you're participating in the Photography Scavenger Hunt.
Rinda