Monday 16 June 2014

Me on Monday ~ 3

Another week where I'm not working on the Monday which is a good feeling.  Just to prove I use my time off constructively, here I am with evidence of which shop I popped into this morning
Having posted Fiona's quilt square off on Friday, my attention turned to Jackie's as she is next on the list.  I didn't have any fabric in one of her chosen colours so what better excuse could I possibly need to head into Hobby Craft?  My plans for this afternoon had included catching up with the ironing whilst watching last week's recorded episode of Nashville but that ridiculous plan has been replaced with a much better one of looking for a nice pattern to use to make the next Friendship Quilt square. 
 
So, as part of Sian's idea to share what our weekends held, mine was a getting Rachel to the wedding venue where she was being a bridesmaid, taking flowers to the churchyard in rememberance of my Mum's birthday and for Father's Day, cooking up a large pot of chili con carne for friends coming over in the evening, putting up bunting for the England game,feeling very disappointed and tired after watching the England game (kick off at 11pm? What were they thinking?!), enjoying having Jon home for the weekendeating the lovely lunch R&J made for Paul's Father's day,(actually it was 99% R cooking and 1% J setting the table), trying to take a photo of all of us together in the garden, then taking Jon back to the airport for his return trip to Edinburgh - kind of weekend.  Some good bits, some busy bits, some poignant bits and now I look back on some of the photos, quite a few pink bits!


 

10 comments:

Beverly said...

Love the family photo! Sounds like a lovely weekend especially have both your babies home :)

scrappyjacky said...

Sound busy,productive and familyish.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Great photos, Deb. I just love that family shot of all five of you!

I had to buy fabric for Jacky's square too, and I loved making it. It's ready to send, but I'm waiting for July to actually post it. Unfortunately, it seems that my square to Fiona is someone in limbo! Fingers crossed that it arrives soon!

Maria Ontiveros said...

All the football is on during the day here. We were quite disappointed by the English result, but thrilled today by the USA game.
Rinda

Sian said...

Lovely photos. You've summed it up so well..that feeling of having a nice time, but with a trip to the airport at the end of it.

Nashville, shopping for supplies..excellent!

Anonymous said...

What a great family photo! Sad to say we haven't been listening or watching any of the games, although other members of the family have and they all have different ideas as to who to cheer for.

Alison said...

Lovely family pic! I'm hoping to have both Craig and Kirsty here either this weekend or the next..it will be the first time we've all been home together for ages!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely weekend you had Deb. Hope you can include coming over to Colchester in one of your 'what I did' posts soon x

Sinead said...

I'm loving seeing all these 'Me on Monday' posts popping up recently! Your weekend sounds busy and lovely :) Great photos too.

alexa said...

What a lovely time you seem to have had as a family, and a happy photo to boot :). I long to have mine here too - isn't togetherness special?