Friday 30 December 2016

Post Christmas round up

Have we all recovered?  All that shopping and wrapping and cooking and entertaining, all done and dusted for another year.
 
 
Is it Thursday or Friday?  I have totally lost track of days and times.  When you take away the structure of the days I seem to lose all direction!  Weekends merge into week days and here we are hurtling towards 2017 at breakneck speed.

It's been a bit of a year though hasn't it?  The number of celebrities that have passed seem to be increasing daily - and we have lost some great talent along the way.  On a personal level the changes our family have seen are crazy.  And 2017 looks like it's going to be eventful too with two weddings within 4 weeks of each other.  As soon as the sales have finished I will be in true Mother of the Bride/Groom shopping mode!

It was so much fun to have a baby in the house over Christmas.  He was determined to get as much wrapping paper in his mouth as possible and entertained us all with his cheeky smile and cute little ways.  His Uncle Jon is absolutely besotted with him and it was hard to prise him out of his arms - I suspect that once he is married, a little cousin could be on the cards before too long! 

I had the weirdest text message on Christmas day - from my dentist, reminding me that I was due a check up in January.  Well that took the shine off my enjoyment of the Quality Street I can tell you.  And he was determined I shouldn't forget, as I then got an email the following day - at which point I gave in and booked an appointment on line.  That seems to have shut him up, or maybe the auto-reminder service has been silenced by the booking software.

Once again I am ending the year by singlehandedly doing my best to rid the house of all chocolate before the healthy eating regime kicks in on Sunday.  Not to mention the dentist appointment on 9 January 😉 

I shall be popping round the blogosphere whenever I can but in the meantime wish everyone a peaceful, happy and healthy new year.

2 comments:

alexa said...

You had me in stitches in the bit about the dentist and Quality Street! I read it aloud to Dad and he laughed too. Thank-you,for all your interesting and witty posts this year. I always enjoying popping in :). Wishing you all good things in 2017.

Patio Postcards said...

Happy New Year. You still have a few days left to enjoy at least 2-3 more of the Quality Street treats - make it a worthwhile visit to the dentist :)