Monday 1 October 2018

Me on Monday

Well, Hello October!

So this is the first Me on Monday post for October and today sees me heading off to our local Hobbycraft store in search of fabric.  

At the weekend I decided to get a move on with the little cuddlesoft baby blanket I was making


Got it finished on Sunday (I do love a bit of hand sewing of binding while watching TV in the evenings)

And then Grandmother guilt kicked in.  Because if I've made something for one, I have todo something for the other.  My neighbour had given me an off cut of Thomas the Tank Engine fabric when she heard that Leo was a great fan of Thomas.  It was a full width of fabric but only about 30 cm deep.  I thought I could make something out of it but not sure what!  A nice simple cushion cover maybe for his bedroom?



Every time Leo comes here he gets the fabric out to sit on so he obviously likes it.  I showed Rachel the baby blanket at the weekend and she said 'so are you going to start on Leo's now?'  His little face lit up and at that moment I realised that it is now going to have to be a quilt of some kind!  He obviously doesn't remember that I made him a soft little cuddle blanket when he was a newborn ...

PS - now back from Hobbycraft - two hours later.  Well you know how it is, you go looking for some fabric.  You get sidetracked by the Christmas crafting shelves.  You mentally give yourself a slap because it is still only October and you do not need to be thinking about Christmas yet.  You walk out the store and instead of walking straight ahead to where your car is parked, you pop in Laura Ashley Home Store which is next door.  You wander around there, they have a 30% off sale, you stroke a beautiful fake fur throw and wonder how sumptuous it would look on your bed.  You then realise that the main person to appreciate said throw would be Coco as the end of our bed is her default position for daytime lounging.  You could still at that point cross the road to your car but no.  You head for Home Style to see what bargains they have on sale today. 45 minutes later you leave the store with 3 Christmas stocking gifts (having totally forgotten Christmas intentions in Hobbycraft) and a set of kitchen towels.  Me on Monday - turning a half hour round trip into a whole morning!

5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Is there really any bad time to think about Christmas? NO - I could get into Christmas mode at any time of the year ... the soft quilt does look cozy, lucky little baby. We were at a train museum on the weekend & the play area & gift shop wee filled with Thomas the Tank.

I think the long road to your car was a good safety issue, that way no one could come upon you to surprise you in that straight line to the car - you are wise to take a different route! The fact that there were bargains - yeah you rocked it.

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

Ha....at least I'm not the only one like this!! But that's the fun part of life...getting sidetracked and finding great treasures!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Ruth said...

I've noticed Christmas appearing in several stores - first tree spotted today in M&S! And of course you must now make something for Leo, given that he's your favourite grandson!

Barbara Eads said...

OMGosh! That is so hilarious!!! And so ME!!! You described just about every errand I run! I am so easily distracted. I've been known to get back home without what I went out for to begin with! I am feeling a little like I need to get a move on about Christmas. I need to take quite a few gifts with me at Thanksgiving---and that will be here before you know it! Also, I think it's great that Leo wants you to make him something too! I'm sure you could stretch that fabric with a few solids thrown in to make him a little juvenile quilt! Can't wait to see what you decide!

alexa said...

Your shopping expedition has really made me smile :). And I am sure your grandson will be delighted with whatever you make, whenever it is you get it made. Admiring your creative energy!