Monday 22 October 2018

Me on a Monday

And this Monday I'm going on a bear hunt.  Or so I've been told.

So once again I've been talked into going to pre-school today.  I'm too soft for my own good - I'm sure Grandads are allowed to go, maybe we could take turns?  

Why am I going in Leo's mummy's place?  Because this week they are going on a nature hunt which could, apparently, turn into re-enactment of the story 'We're going on a bear hunt'.  Dress code - wellington boots and coats. Accessories - bag to fill up with leaves and twigs.  Environment prediction - muddy.  Now why on earth wouldn't a 33 week pregnant woman wouldn't want to go on this trip?  All the slippery, squelchy mud with accompanying slip hazard, the constant bending down to pick up leaves and sticks, the possibility of having to suddenly run after a wayward 2 year old who goes off in pursuit of a squirrel ... I can't imagine why she asked me to go in her place 😉

Still, at least it will get me away from the decorating for a couple of hours eh?  I've been wittering on about the landing project for weeks now and finally we have not only started it, but almost finished it.



The walls are very neutral and we just have the contrast dark blue wall at the end which needs one final coat.  We're then planning to reupholster the chair that is usually in the corner to give the whole area a focal point.  

Right, my partner in crime will soon be dropped off, I've got my wellies and bag ready 
Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Sounds a little like a Winnie The Pooh or Paddington walk about ... one of the joys of being a Nan (I guess-col) Hopefully there's some hot chocolate at the end of the adventure.

Barbara Eads said...

I predict you are going to have a great time! And who knows, this could be one of those memories that your little grand holds forever! I'm all about the memories---as long as it doesn't rain! Then even I worry about the "slip factor!" Have fun!

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

A bear hunt??? How super fun!! It makes you feel like a kid again!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Ruth said...

Hope you had a great time and that you were successful in finding a bear ...

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Tell me, did this involve a children's picture book? My fav preschool teachers always took our students on a bear hunt. I hope you had a wonderful time, saw some bears, maybe got a bear hug or two.
The landing is coming along beautifully. Love the wall color. Very tranquil and inviting.