Friday 5 April 2019

Thinking Out Loud Thursday (on a Friday)

I woke up this morning and found an email from Penny over at Penny's Passion inviting me to join in her Thinking Out Loud Thursdays and it sounded like a fun idea for a regular blog post.  Just a quick look at what I'm thinking about once a week.  

The sun's shining again today so I'm thinking about ...


The garden

The lawn's had it's first cut and it already looks tidier out there.  But the daffodils and tulips are past their best now and I think it's time to don the gardening gloves and spend some time on the flower borders

Holidays

With sunshine in mind, I'm also thinking about our forthcoming holiday to Portugal.  Can't wait to use this little beauty for our trips to the beach.  Lighting is awful but the gold lettering says Hello Sunshine.


I'm also wondering how to make these comfortable in time for our trip


The were a Mother's Day gift from Rachel, and whilst they are so very pretty, the canvas is really stiff and they need a lot of wearing in.  So if you were to pop round unannounced today you would probably find me wearing them around the house with a pair of sports socks, trying to convince myself that they are softening up.  Any advice on how to speed up the process?

Meal out this evening

I definitely won't be wearing those shoes tonight when we go out with friends to our favourite Thai restaurant - The Giggling Squid. I'm already dreaming about their Thai red curry.  Roll on 8pm!

So that's what I'm thinking about today.  What's on your mind today? 


5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Oh I like those shoes & I do hope they are comfortable. Tulips & daffodils past their prime!!! Ours haven't even braved poking through the snow yet!

Ruth said...

The shoes do look pretty so I hope they're kind to your feet. I'm thinking about the Easter holidays beginning in a a little over two hours and that solo trip I've booked and isn't that far away now ...

Penny @ Penny's Passion said...

That bag is going to look great on the beach in Portugal! And those shoes!! So cute! Thanks for linking up to Thinking Out Loud Thursday.

alexa said...

That's a bagful of sunshine! Not sure about how to soften the shoes though - a gentle scrub with some fabric softener? I seem to remember the pair I had years ago went soft with repeated use and constantly getting wet and drying off again. Hoping you enjoy preparing the rest of your wardrobe for the holiday ...

Barbara Eads said...

I love those shoes!! They will be fun to wear with jeans. I like unusual prints for shoes---something different! I hope you get them broken in soon!