Friday 27 December 2019

Coco, what does OUT spell?

We realised this afternoon that Coco has learnt to spell.  She was snoring gently on a blanket on my armchair, enjoying the peace and quiet after a day of guests on Christmas Day and a day of visiting at our son's on Boxing Day.   Paul mentioned that he may take her O.U.T in a minute.  She went from this


to this


in 5 seconds flat

Trust me, when that dog gives you the stares, she will never be the one to look away first!

So, Christmas is over for another year, we have the annual photo


I've been looking at this trying to work out why it doesn't look right and I've just realised that the camera has transposed the photo so the whole room is round the wrong way!  We had our daughter's parents in law here this year for Christmas Day and then went to visit our son yesterday so we've seen everyone, just not all in the same place at the same time.  Paul's mum was too frail to join us this year, leaving her own home is becoming increasingly difficult for her.  

I'm just about to go downstairs and turn leftovers into a festive turkey and ham pie, and I'm pleased to say that there is then very little in the fridge that didn't get eaten.  Does this mean that at the grand old age of 61 I have finally got the quantities of food right?!

Then onwards and upwards, back on the healthy eating regime (after I've finished off those last few chocolates of course 😉) but from the look of a message on my phone I seem to have signed up for a 'shake off that turkey, total abs workout' group that starts on Monday.  How the heck did that happen?  Fortunately it seems to be done in the privacy of your own home.  Five minutes every day for a month.  A month?!  What was I thinking?  And it's run by my Zumba teacher so there's no backing out now.  Wish me luck ...

2 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Lovely family photo. Yes Christmas arrived & was wonderful, & now we march to New Year's. I chuckled at Coco's ability to spell.

Susanne said...


What a great family photo. Your Christmas celebrations sound lovely. And kudos to you for getting the amount of food right, I was just thinking yesterday that would be a great skill to master as I glared at leftovers still in the fridge that are clearly now past their expiration date. n the bright side, I knew myself too well, so I either gave away or tossed away the sweets immediately after Christmas Day, I didn't want them ending up on my hips.