Monday 21 August 2023

Me on Monday - Photo Hunt update 2

 I've made sure that this time I am joining in on the right day for the second in the Summer Photo Hunt posts!  So Me on Monday finds me sharing these finds:

Number 2 A wordless directional sign


Number 3 Something netted or webbed

The floating reed bed is netted and the ducks feet are webbed!  I was ridiculously happy with this find!

But then in Sicily we walked past this shop selling fishing nets with the fisherman making them outside the doorway and I could not decide which to use.  


Number 4 Something berry, berry delicious


Sweet and succulent, strawberries, freshly picked from the garden

Number 7 Something that dangles


Such pretty earrings in a shop in Cefalu

Number 8 Some shadows


The cloisters in the cathedral in Cefalu made such pretty shadow patterns

Number 11 Extraordinary water


The Mediterranean Sea - warm, clear and so very relaxing

Only three to go!  Are you joining in with the search?  Pop along to Patio Postcards for more information.

I'm looking forward to a little more 'me time' this week - we did a lot of childcare last week and we have fewer hours booked in this week.  I'm exhausted!  I'm starting the week with meeting up with someone I worked with back in the late 70s/early 80s.  We had a few years where our lives went in different directions and we lost touch but we have met up a couple of times in the last year and it's been nice to reconnect.  So that is a good start to the week!

We had a good Monday last week too with a trip to the beach with Coco.  We awoke to rain but the weather app assured us that it was dry and warmer at the coast so we packed up our picnic and trusted the information - luckily they were right and the more we headed east, the bluer the skies became.




Then there were three full days of childcare, a day to recharge our batteries, get a hair cut and go out for dinner at a friends house before another 8 hours looking after Max and Olive while their mum and dad went into London to celebrate their wedding anniversary.  I was very relieved that Sunday involved no cooking but lots of relaxing at my cousin's house!

How many weeks of the summer holidays are left?  😉

9 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Deb thank you for joining in with the SPSH. Wonderful finds! I like your Netted or Webbed photo of the ducks - bonus points for getting both in one photo :) Oh yum to your Berry Berry Delicious.

Sounds like a great start to the week meeting up with friends & your trip to the beach was a good way to finish up last week.

Jennifer said...

Such pretty photos today! Love the man selling nets and, especially, your photo of shadows! Sounds like the week is off to a lovely start! Enjoy:)

Barbara Eads said...

I love your photos. Do you make a scrapbook or page about your finds? What does the green sign mean?

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Great find with the netted or webbed. I can see why you were happy with that one. I love the shadows too. They make a hot day look very cool.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

You were spoilt for choice with the netting! For the road sign I would have used the deer sign that we see around Epping. Great pics, fun challenge.

Ruth said...

Some great finds for you - I particularly like the fisherman with his nets. :)

R's Rue said...

The views of the water are beautiful. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Wonderful finds! You deserve to be "ridiculously happy" with your webbed photo. I had a couple of ducks, but didn't post them because I wasn't happy with either photo. Now that I've seen yours, I'm especially glad I didn't. Webbed/Netted is still on the list for next time. Love your shadows, too!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Coco seems very content beachside. I know I am, too.

What a find in that floating pedestal for the ducks. Two birds with one stone!! The fishing nets are like works of art!! They look almost like pendant lights or primitive chandeliers. Great capture.

Your shadow photo is very pretty, too. Have no idea what the street sign with the people means. Meet here? Gathering spot?