Friday 5 January 2024

Let's sit together and have a chat

 Come on in and sit down, isn't the weather awful?  I hope you didn't get caught in any flooding, I shall be pleased when this heavy rain stops.  I'll make us a drink and we can catch up on the last month's news.  I can't offer you cake or chocolate biscuits this month as like a lot of the population we're trying to make up for all the extra food we ate over Christmas!  If I don't have cake in the tin, I can't eat it.

Christmas already seems a long time ago and although we had a lovely time, I quite like getting back to normal routines.  It's nice to take all the decorations down and everywhere looks fresh again.  I know a few people who were unwell around Christmas and New Year so am very grateful that our family stayed well over the whole period. I'm not one for making resolutions but I do hope that I can eat a little healthier this year.  It's not that we eat un-healthy meals, it's the snacking in-between them that is my weakness.  So any suggestions for things to snack on that are better for you than chocolate or sweets will be gratefully received!

Did you notice the jigsaw taking up half the dining room table as you came in?  My daughter bought it for me as she knows I like to do jigsaws in the winter but when I saw it I thought it was going to be a difficult one.  I am feeling more optimistic now I have completed a chunk of it but I have a feeling that it will be a while before the sky comes together!



Yes, that is the start of a new blanket that you can see.  No we probably don't need another blanket but it is such a relaxing hobby to have with the added bonus of it covering your lap nicely as it progresses in the evenings!


Thank you so much for visiting - drive carefully on your way home, and I hope to see you again on the next first Friday of the month!



 

4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Deb, thank you for the tea, it certainly has turned chilly, alas Old Man Winter is making his presence very well known now. No worries about the treats, yes, like the rest of us, I'm being mindful of what I am eating. Oh so many goodies over the holidays. Wonderful to hear everyone in the family stayed healthy. Covid certainly is making itself know again in our community. That puzzle does look like a difficult one. Cannot wait to see it finished. Oh another blanket, such a good hobby & your talents for colour picking is excellent. I wonder if any of the local churches would appreciate a donation or two so they can raffle off in their Christmas bazaars ...
Well must dash, there's a book at the library waiting for me & I really need something to read in the evenings.

Ruth said...

I'll be round for a cuppa and time spent with you and the jigsaw. :)

I know what you mean about those seasonal treats that somehow find a way into our homes - I think we're down to a chunk of Christmas cake, a mince pie or two and the Roses everyone likes least!

Look forward to seeing the progression of the blanket. My friend is very kindly crocheting the latest blanket from Attic 24 for me. :)

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

We have also called time on snacking. I'm trying to go cold turkey because healthy snacks don't do it for me! I threw away the last of the chocolates. That's an impressive jigsaw! Have a good week.

Barbara Eads said...

I commend your patience with the puzzle. I can do it for about a half hour but then I need to move on to something else. I can't wait to see this blanket. I love the pattern.