Monday 29 January 2024

Me on Monday 29 January

 It's still January - how can that be?  It seems like Christmas was months ago!

According to my book of random facts, it was this date in 1942 that the first episode of Desert Island Discs was aired.  Where guests are invited to choose eight pieces of music, a book and a luxury that they would enjoy if stranded on a desert island.  Brian Bilston, the author, has written alternative ideas with a play on words for a dessert island choice, the last verse is this 

"It's a family eclair

Don't it make your brownies blue

In the gateaux

Brûlée-vous"

Can you think of more? 

We had all the family over yesterday and it's so lovely now Olive is old enough to join in with all the games the others like to play.  She is turning into quite a little character now, I love this age and even though she is now two, I don't see many 'terrible two' incidents.

There's a bit of life admin on the cards today.  We had an appointment with a local solicitor to prepare our Lasting Power of Attorney paperwork.  It's one of those things we've been meaning to do for ages as we know it's better to have it in place before you need it, so when you do need it, one phone call should be all that is needed to implement it.  All that legal work is thirsty business so we popped over the road to a little Italian deli for refreshments


As you will see, the thought of a bite of Sicilian lemon tart was too hard to resist before I remembered to take a photo 😉

The rest of the week is going to be busy with Leo and Rosie sleeping over on Wednesday night due to their mum and dad both having heavy work commitments and Rachel having to be away overnight and her husband having a very early start the next morning.  Much easier for them to sleep here rather than them being dropped off here before 6am on Thursday! 

After that it is a nice social end to the week with afternoon tea with friends and then a nice meal out at the weekend.  I think I shall probably need it after an unexpected sleepover midweek!

Have a good week! 

2 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Good for you & Paul getting the necessary but tiresome legal work out of the way - a peace of mind kind of work. Your reward of the drink & treat look delicious.

Have fun with the grands on Wednesday/Thursday. I agree 2-4 are great ages. For me it was the age that the nieces & nephews still thought I was the funny/fun Auntie & oh so smart! (col)

Barbara Eads said...

January does seem to be the month to take care of business. We do the same thing. I am envious every time you so nonchalantly mention taking tea, The only way I can do it is if I host it--which I do a few times a year. Sadly, we do not have a single tea room here. It's one of my favorite things about traveling to England.