Friday 18 July 2008

Poetry

I've been so busy thinking about what my travel pages are going to be like that I've overlooked some of the blog prompts. So this morning I have been deciding on what poem or verse I can use. I've not read much poetry since my English Literature A level (too many years ago to comment on!) but one song that always moves me is James Taylor's "You've Got a Friend". I hope that everyone can hear these words and think of someone who fits the description and I hope that there is someone out there who hears them and thinks of me.

When you're down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name,
And you know where ever I am
I'll come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend.

No comments: