Thursday 28 August 2008

Scrapped my day!



I can see I am going to have to plan to do more exciting things on the 25th of each month (December shouldn't be a problem!) as I have very little to show for the 25th August!


It had been my daughter's 22nd birthday the day before and I had catered for 12 of her friends before they all went out to a club so I was kind of tired anyway. So add to that a phone call at 2am on Sunday - "Mum, we're just waiting for the taxi and we're STARVING, can you stick some chicken dippers in the oven for when we get home?" Did she realise what the time was?! Or guessed that as she was up and having fun, then the rest of the world must be too! I am not good without sleep so I was tired for my scrapping day, and it seemed that I spent most of it tidying up the house and eating leftovers, before a quiet night in front of the tv.
This was also the day that my son returned from the Reading Festival. 4 days of non stop music, trampling through mud, and camping in a tent. He returned, crumpled, tired, dirty, in need of a shower and hungry! My photos reflect the kind of 'day after the night before' feeling, balloons, half eaten cakes and bits of sequin confetti that decorated the table.

No comments: