Sunday 11 March 2012

Busy doing nothing

I have high hopes for the next week.  Not only do I have a birthday, but it ends with Mothering Sunday.  My daughter always makes a big fuss of both days and on the years where the two days coincide, I do feel a bit cheated out of my 2nd special day!  For this year though, she won't be here for Mothering Sunday as she will be on a Hen Weekend in Tenerife so my celebrations have been brought forward. ( Will be interesting to see if my son 'steps up to the plate' in her absence next week ... I'm not holding my breath. ) Yesterday he was going through his diary and said 'Oh.  It's your birthday on Wednesday.  Guess I'd better go into town on Tuesday.'  Nothing like leaving it to the last minute eh?  So anyway, today my daughter, her partner and the puppy are coming over to cook a special lunch and I will be celebrating a week early.  Husband is currently tidying up kitchen in preparation (R's partner is a professional chef, and I feel my kitchen/equipment/cleanliness of oven is woefully inadequate).  
Meanwhile, upstairs in the study I have done my collage of 365+1 Week 10 pictures

9 comments:

Sian said...

It should be a good week :)

scrappyjacky said...

It certainly should be a good week.

Amy said...

You have a great week ahead of you Deb, with a few surprises by the sounds of things!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh what an exciting week ahead. My girlie will be home for Mother's Day so I am expecting great things!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Well here's hoping your boy will step it up and shower you with all the attention you so well deserve!!! Enjoy your week!!! ♥

Alison said...

Hope you've had a lovely day Deb...and DS might just surprise you!
Alison xx

Denise said...

Glad you had a lovely time- and birthday to look forward to as well xx

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!! Sounds like you had a fun week planned - hope your visit with your daughter was great! Love your blog banner!! :)

Scrappi Sandi said...

Well, I hope the weeks celebrations went well! Belated Happy Birthday & may I say what a great bunch of pics you have fo week ten!! :)