Wednesday 18 July 2012

Every picture tells a story

I was busy getting ready for work this morning when I heard my daughter exclaim 'Oh my goodness, whatever is he doing?'.  The kind of comment that rouses you from early morning grogginess and makes you wonder who she's talking about and what, indeed, they are doing.  Of course it related to her brother and that wonderful news factory - Facebook.  Someone has posted a photo of my son, holding hands with a Masaii man, jumping about 2 feet in the air with a circle of Masaii warriors behind them.  I do hope that his knowledge of Swahili was enough to understand what ritual he was taking part in.  
It is great to unexpectedly see photos of him getting involved in African life and customs but equally frustrating to not know the full story behind them.  I can't believe he's half way through his trip now, in some ways it is flying by, in others it feels like he's been gone for months.  All I know is, I can't wait to see him again and hear all about it.  In the meantime, we will have to rely on Facebook to see what he is getting up to!

8 comments:

Cheri said...

whatever it is, I hope he's enjoying himself!

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like he's going to have a lot to tell!!

Sian said...

Sounds like he is having a blast!

Beverly said...

oh wow!!! how very, very cool!!!

Denise said...

Sounds intriguing - not long to go now before he's home x

Maria Ontiveros said...

So glad to hear he's doing well and embracing life.
Rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Haha - well, it all sounds so exciting and I'm sure he is having the time of his life!

Don't you just love Facebook? Sometimes it's like a train wreck - you don't want to look but you just can't help yourself!

Alison said...

FB is amazing though, isn't it?
Alison xx