We're so close to the finishing line of blogging Every day in May now and today Cate has asked us what this month has taught us. Well the most obvious one is that:
- Once I set my mind to something and commit to doing it by saying it out loud in my blog - I can do it! I won't say I've found it easy to do, as I have it in mind that I started this blog as a method of sharing scrapbooking work etc and I haven't actually had much crafty 'stuff' to share.
- I've also found that I don't need to make a patchwork quilt just to write a blog post! There are other things to write about and share.
- I've learnt that it is handy to have prompts and suggestions as to what to write about. This has kept me on the straight and narrow, even if some days I haven't felt the love for the subject choice. So I guess I also learnt that ...
- Sometimes it's good to step out of your comfort zone; it's amazing how you can make a blog post even when you thought you had nothing to say
- I've also learnt that writing blog posts in advance and then scheduling them to post automatically is a brilliant way to post every day. You can set aside time when you aren't busy to at least start something off that you can add to later. It hasn't been hard to set aside time to do that and it has really paid off.
- But the biggest lesson is that I do still enjoy blogging. My posts had become few and far between but I think this has kick-started me into being a more frequent blogger and maybe joining back in with some of the memes that I used to enjoy but somehow drifted away from.
I am really pleased I've joined in this month and blogged Every day in May. I am quite 'chuffed' that I've managed to do it. Thanks for sharing my month with me. Just two more days to go!