Oh Cate, what have you done? The prompt for today's posting is to share 10 pinners that we follow on Pinterest. What can I say?
Pinterest and I have had a tempestuous relationship. We met, fell in love, saw each other nearly every day, sometimes several times a day and then I felt like I needed to take time out. Time to see other people because Pinterest just became too needy. Whenever I was on the internet, it was 'Pin me' 'Pin me' and I'd give in, open up Pinterest and ... next thing I knew an hour had passed. There was only one thing to do, give each other space, see other websites - you know the drill.
So now Cate has put us back together and after the initial 'hey, haven't seen you in ages, come on let's meet up and see how things go' I was reminded how useful I found Pinterest and how fascinating it was to see things that other people had found too (who knew that baking soda could clean up so many things? Got a splinter in your finger? Baking soda. Descale your bathroom tiles? Baking soda. Un-tarnish silver? You've got it!)But here's the ground rules Pinterest - there is to be no more spending hours together. Well, apart from checking out the pinners that Cate's merry band of bloggers have found obviously.
I'm going to try to choose a variety of pinners that I don't think you would have found.
- Well, apart from this one - Julie Kirk. Nearly 2000 pins! Pop over there and have a look for yourself but don't blame me if you spend the next hour or so browsing because she sure has a great variety of things going on over there.
- Anybody out there interested in Eurovision? Well the following young lady, Susanna who is also the daughter of one of my friends, is in the backing group for the Belgian entry tonight. She is a pinner to look at if you know anyone who is planning a wedding. Lots of hairstyle ideas, bouquets etc. Make a note of her name, she's a seriously talented singer/songwriter/actress.
- My son's girlfriend Sophie has some interesting pins on her boards. Check out the ideas she had for her mum's wedding cake. Sophie makes the most amazing cakes!
- If you're looking for handy hints, or ideas of things to do with the kids, look no further than Angela.
- Another daughter of a friend is Erica. Quite a wide variety of pins here and certainly a few places I wouldn't have visited left to my own devices.
Now I was supposed to share 10. But to be honest, the others that I would have chosen have probably been shared all over the place so I will leave it at 5. After all, don't forget, me and Pinterest did have a long break up. We have a lot of catching up to do ...