Monday 4 May 2015

Me on May Bank Holiday Monday

How's this for multi-tasking - I'm linking up with Sian and Cate .  Sharing what I'm up to every Monday AND Blogging every day in May.
Me on Monday? Catching up on blogs and realising it is far easier to type up blog posts on a proper keyboard rather than an ipad.

I love long weekends, (what's not to like?)even though I only work a half day on a Monday there's something nice about not working at all!
So far this weekend has been a load of balls.  Seriously.  Balls.  Everywhere.  From the tennis ball that Coco buried in the garden after misunderstanding the rules of 'fetch', to the sound of leather on willow as the local cricket club started the new season - thereby redirecting us from our normal walkies route across the cricket pitch to get to the local park.  You can, of course, still walk that way but you run a serious risk of head injury if you suddenly hear a thwack of a ball on bat and the sound of one of the fielders (is that the correct term?) running towards you.  We do like to live on the edge round here but when it's the junior team batting you do have to do your own risk assessment.  Where was I?  Ah yes, balls.  Snooker balls.  The husband is obsessed keenly interested in the snooker championships this year.  Every time I go in the lounge he is watching snooker.  'What frame is this' '6' 'is it nearly over then?' 'no' 'how many does it go up to?' '35'
So Monday finds me desperately trying to tidy/de-clutter/hide things I store in our study.  We're having new carpet fitted on Wednesday and the room has to be empty.  Well, let's just say that was a bit of a challenge.  I don't mind de-cluttering but it has to be done on my own terms, in my own time.  I have to wait until I'm in the right frame of mind.  So whilst the husband was watching frames of snooker, I've been framed into de-cluttering.  I must be honest and say I've surprised myself because there was a lot of clutter to go through. 
While escaping from the snooker I also used a bit of computer time to order some make up I had been promising myself.  I had a make up lesson at the Bobbi Brown counter just before my birthday and bought a few bits, but couldn't justify buying everything I liked in one go.  I love the fact that John Lewis deliver for free to our local Waitrose and also the fact that they had an offer on where you get a £5 voucher for orders made in May.  I take this as an omen that the time was right to get the rest of the makeup!  Especially after reading an article on how often you should replace your makeup.  Those use by symbols are there for a reason - who knew that much bacteria could get in a mascara wand?
So this is me on Monday - let's give up a wave to Sian and see who waves back!

8 comments:

Susanne said...

It sounds like there is lots going on - I have noticed that I have to be in the right mood to declutter too, and only then can I be ruthless about it. And there is always more there to be dealt with than you expect when you start - those piles compress under their own weight. By the way, I picked up some new makeup yesterday too - as I had a coupon. Have a great week!

Sian said...

lol! We have balloons, you have balls..

actually there's snooker watching going on here too. And that special cricket sound will be a feature of our summer, for the student who has a job scoring matches over the summer.

New carpet? Lovely! Though it certainly is a pain getting ready for it.

Have a great week

Jane said...

I love the cricket season, my husband can go off and watch it and I can craft!

Abi said...

This made me smile Deb! Particularly your bit about the junior cricket team! My brothers are both cricket mad. Last summer we came home to find them looking very sheepish, Andrew having hit an excellent shot straight through the upstairs window. Thankfully it was his bedroom window he smashed! The perils of cricket balls are to be avoided if at all possible!

Ruth said...

I'd like a new carpet in my office, too ... but the thought of emptying the room out fills me with horror!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I'm with you on there being a particular frame of mind needed for decluttering. Enjoy the new carpet once it's in place.

Cheri said...

Kudos on keeping up with Cate's May blogging meme. I had to sneak in my quote a day late, being that we were far too busy with projects yesterday and I didn't manage to choose one!

Cate Brickell said...

hello! sounds like a full on busy weekend. and I agree, much easier to comment from the computer.