Monday 18 June 2018

Me on Monday

This is my first day of not really having anything definite planned which probably means that I have no excuse for not doing some housework 😉 {well of course I can't do anything before I've written this blog post can I?}

Last week flew by and I happily ticked another picture off the Scavenger Hunt list (and absolutely no doubt about this one filling the criteria)


3. A framed view

We went to Cambridge on Wednesday which is possibly my most favourite place to go shopping.  Just love the atmosphere there and as we passed Corpus Christi College I realised that this is a perfect example of the wonderful university architecture in the city.  It makes it look as if we were the only people there doesn't it?  Well we weren't - I had to wait for dozens of Chinese tourists to move out of the way so I could get a picture of the building framed nicely inside the archway.  Because Cambridge is so popular with visitors, this time of year you can often feel that, apart from the university students, you are one of the few English people there!  

I also love going to Cambridge because there is a tiny Sicilian restaurant there called Aromi where they do fabulous snack lunches.  You have to get there early as by 12.30 all the tables are full.  It's not smart and it's not fancy, you sit on stools up at wooden trestle tables but the flavour of the food - oh wow.  I can never manage anything sweet after I've had my favourite - Spianata Saporita (pancetta, provola cheese, roasted peppers, caramelised onions and parsley sandwiched between glorious Italian sourdough bread and toasted) but Paul always manages one of their occur di bue biscuits - two rounds of thin shortbread with pistachio cream in the middle.



I realise now that I'm home again that I missed a perfect opportunity to tick off another picture for Pedal Power. Cambridge is a real cyclist city - and I could easily have found a photo opportunity.  Oh well, a perfect excuse to go back again soon!  Talking of cyclists, the lady who takes my Zumba class was in London last weekend and while walking back to the tube station, was passed by dozens and dozens of cyclists - but not any ordinary cyclists, they were all naked 😳 How uncomfortable would that be?  She showed us a couple of photos she took as proof - there was one exhibitionist happy to have his photo taken, let's just say he had indulged in some rather clever body art in the guise of an elephant.  I'll leave you with that image in your mind ...


5 comments:

Maggie said...

Thank you for that elephant image... I was just eating my breakfast... They have one of those naked cycle rides in Bristol and my thoughts on the comfort were similar to yours! I'm glad I am not the only one to miss a pedal power opportunity.
Your framed picture is perfection itself with the rope leading you in and great lighting. I know where you are waiting for the moment to take it. It's particularly difficult with an arch because people just appear or you get jokers who wave from round the corner at the crucial shutter moment.

Patio Postcards said...

Naked bike riders, artfully disguised with elephant, now this was certainly a morning laugh, great way to wake up. We use to have a favourite place for lunch, worth the drive & all, nothing fancy, best veggie sandwich, but alas the owners retired & it's just not the same with the improvements made by new owners. :(

I agree with Maggie your framed photo is perfect. Pedal power in our local university city (just next door) I would have thought an easy place for a capture ... cyclists are not popular with most drivers on the main roads through the university, so it looks like I'll have to go into campus because I have the perfect one I want for that item.

Ruth said...

I laughed out loud at the thought of the Elephant Man! I love Cambridge, as you know, and I think we're due another visit ...

Barbara Eads said...

I love that your scavenger hunt is taking you on so many fun journeys. Can't wait to see where you go next!

Leslie Clingan said...

Way behind on my blog reading and writing after being out of town. Wonder how the rest of last week went for you? Your little snack lunch spot looks like a cozy place for a bite. And your 'framed' photo is perfect. I have created a draft post for this scavenger hunt photo challenge. Now to get started taking photos. What do you have on the agenda for this week?