Tuesday 5 June 2018

Scavenger hunt photos

I mentioned in yesterday's blog post that I am starting to search for photos that fit the categories in the photographic scavenger hunt organised by Mary Lou.  I joined in with my first photo hunt several years ago now and it was so much fun to try and find a slightly different take on some of the challenges rather than the obvious.  Yesterday's finds are filed under 'taking the category literally' - a red rose for The Rosiness of Red and a bottle of oil with the right name for Mellow Yellow.  Today I have something a little different.

Number 18 on the list is Currency; Coinage or Paper (the odd, the different, the beautiful.       I set about the house searching for something that would fit the bill.  My son went Interrailling around Europe a few years ago and has a pot of random coins from his travels, a Hungarian Forint, a Zloty from Poland and many different versions of the Euro.  There was even an old Peseta from the days before Spain introduced the Euro.  Then while paying for something in a shop, I remembered that a about 10 years ago they designed something a little bit different much closer to home.  The Royal Mint designed new coinage which, when you placed the back of one of each type of coin in formation, it would make a picture of the shield which was on the back of our old style pound coins. 

The real challenge was to find one of each of the coins as they change the designs on our coins quite regularly and while I can't show a picture of the pound coin with the whole shield on (they were withdrawn from circulation last year when they introduced a new 12 sided coin) I have managed to track down the coins that make up the jigsaw.



Another picture to tick off the list!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Clever idea!

Patio Postcards said...

WOW now that is some amazing coinage ... you are nailing this hunt!

Maggie said...

Well done! Clever you! I have learnt something new today. I could have supplied you with an old pound coin. We still get them in our honesty box for eggs and potatoes! I collect them up until I have 20 and then take them to the bank.