Tuesday 12 June 2018

Scavenger photos

The sun was shining, we had family coming over for lunch the next day, the dog was anxious for a walk and so we decided to pop over to our local 'Pick your own' farm on Saturday afternoon to tie up all those loose ends and get some strawberries for Sunday's dessert.

I had in mind that I might also be able find something to tick off another picture on the Scavenger Hunt list.  

The dog was slightly disappointed to find that after we had clipped on her lead, we then got her into the car and with a 'this wasn't what I had in mind' look in her eyes we set off.  It was only a short journey - 6 miles maybe? - but Coco cried for most of it.  You've never seen a dog leap from a car so quickly once we undid her car harness - she's such a drama queen.   As she excitedly sniffed for rabbits and all manner of other farm smells, I spied a sign at the end of the car park.


That will do brilliantly, I thought.  Something from a song title.  Everyone will have heard of that one - brilliant.  With a spring in my step I led Coco in the general direction of the picking fields and we filled our containers with strawberries and gooseberries (husband loves gooseberry crumble and I don't so this is his chance to stock the freezer up with the essential ingredients).  Fortunately I took some other photos while I was there because guess what?  Something from a song title isn't one of the challenges on the list!  Where did I get that idea from?  There is Something that could be from a favourite book/movie so I guess I had confused that - or more likely, seen a photo opportunity and made something up to go with it!

So yes I did get a Scavenger Hunt photo - just not the one I thought I had ...


10 - A Field of Plenty


5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Brilliant finds - personally I think your Strawberry Fields Forever is perfect for SPSH (no rules)representing a favourite book, movie or song - OK I'll change the list!

Our strawberries are late this year due to such a prolonged winter ... I'll say no more.

Your field of plenty looks like wine - oh I do hope it's a good year for wine.

debs14 said...

I can see why you may look at that and think 'wine' but they're not vines, they are the strawberry rows! Strawberries are grown on an elevated stand here, no back breaking work of having to pick from ground level - plus I think they may be less susceptible to slugs and snails when they aren't touching the soil.

Ruth said...

The pick your own patch is perfect for a Field of Plenty! Shame about there not being a song title on the list ...

Maggie said...

I do think that is funny. It's the sort of thing I would do. My usual frustration is seeing something, not photographing it and then realising it fits a prompt. I saw a great bicycle on a bakers stand at a show. I didn't think of pedal power until it was too late!

Patio Postcards said...

Strawberries up in the air = well I never heard of such a thing. I must start sharing this with the our local strawberry growers. Brilliant idea. Just a little north west of us (hey that's a Cary Grant movie!) the young Mennonite farmers are moving into espalier apple growing rather than the traditional orchard, they might grasp this idea because you could still grow something underneath.