Friday 13 July 2018

La dolce vita

How does a week go by so fast?  One minute I was setting my alarm clock for 4.30 am ready for a taxi pick up at 5 and the next we were asking the hotel receptionist to arrange for us to have an early morning wake up call for 6.30 am for our return flight home.

But in between we have had a fab week of sunshine, fabulous food, I've developed a real taste for rose prosecco, acquired 6 mosquito bites, swam every day and practised our Italian whenever we could.  


But a few too many of these amazing gelato desserts ...


... means that my husband is currently at the dentist having root canal treatment.  He had to go to the dentist the day before we went away and although the dentist filled his tooth, he said he wasn't convinced that was all it was and that if it got worse, he would have to have more drastic treatment.  Fortunately it didn't get worse until the day before we came home so he was able to have 5 days of gelato gorgeousness and ice in his aperol spritz!

We stayed in a resort called Desenzano which is on Lake Garda and is absolutely beautiful.  Such a lovely atmosphere, and plenty of interesting things to do.  We didn't venture far afield once we were there, only a couple of ferry rides across to Sirmione but I am happy to say that I've checked off quite a few of the photos needed for the scavenger hunt which I will share soon.  

Back to reality now, suitcases unpacked and washing done which can only mean one thing - that ironing basket is full to overflowing 😓

2 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Sounds a wonderful trip. I think the Italian language is so full of emotion & very rich to hear spoken. Glad your husband's tooth did not grieve him the whole trip but what a way to end a vacation :(

Ironing does not sound like anyway to start a weekend or finish the after glow of a fab vacation, I say it can wait or addio, Ciao

Leslie Roberts Clingan said...

Sounds like although your week escape went quickly, you made the most of every moment and meal! Vacations are for indulgences so I am glad you enjoyed gelato at every opportunity. Vacation food can be so lovely and an opportunity to try new things. I try to eat seafood every chance I can because seafood is hard to come by on our desert!